Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's this, and where do I put it ??? - MACE CAI

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey guys...

I've come across something that isn't on the MACE instructions for installing a CAI.
Just wondering where I should be putting it or mounting it as there doesnt appear to be a mount on the CAI enclosure.

Any help greatly appreciated, mid project :p Came off the side of the standard airbox.

61cf882f.jpg

faf57c67.jpg

f95ae13a.jpg

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
thats your ignition module, why did u unbolt it? it should of been bolted to the strut tower somewere and my advice would be to leave it there

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
it was bolted to my standard airbox which was completely removed for the CAI install.
Figured it should be ok to bolt it to the chassis or something but if there was somewhere else it can go relatively easy I'd do that.

rickybobby

shake 'n' bake
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR V6 T5, VR V8 T5, VS L67 statto, VY V6
be very gentle with it and don't mess with it too much.
i live in a lovely part of town and used to remove mine every night - i think i helped it die by doing this.
very difficult to diagnose when they stuff up (unless you've got a working one out of someone else's car that you can borrow).
anyway just mount it anywhere nearby if you can't mount it on the new mace airbox (which you probably can't).
on the VR they are mounted directly on the metal (with nuts and bolts) surrounding the strut tower (directly behind the airbox) instead of self tapping screws into the airbox - you might have to do this VR style mount to get it out of the way.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Cheers ricky, just had a look, I can get it to fit quite easily just under the pod filter, just about to screw some holes into the CAI box so I can mount it.

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
Hey Steve,

Managed to fit it up easily last night, just drilled a couple more holes and mounted it at the bottom.
Nice and easy, out of the way.
Posted some pics of the finished result in the thread about my car.

Very happy with it so far, has changed the sound of the car a lot, performance seems to be a bit better too.
The initial suction noise will take some getting used to but it settles down once the car warms up so all good.

Thanks for all your help Steve, great communication and service, answered all my questions so far.

Fitting up the throttle body on Saturday.