Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's this can on tailpipe?

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
i just did pia to get under yeah we got one number 11 on that diagram

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Well, a pity you guys don't put that much effort into replying to anything useful.
It's a vibration dampener, thanks to those who replied properly. I found it out elsewhere and came back to update. Turns out most exhaust shops also don't know.

Last edited:

Voodoo_SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 E3 R8 Manual+MY16 VFII SV6+MY11 VE S2 SV6
I forgot about the "serious replies only" rule on this forum. Please accept my apology for everyone who tried to put a smile on an otherwise boring week.

Suggest you remove the device from your exhaust and your wife/girlfriend/partner may also raise a smile on her dial. :-D

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
My Crewman definitely does not have a can on its stock system. I am not looking forward to driving it again as it will be so much noisier than when I didn't know about THE CAN.
As I was the first to get the 'sound deadener' correct, do I get some Brownie points ?
And I am dead set fair dinkum about it being filled with crystals. PB 05 was right about them, how else would do you eliminate the dreaded alloytech 'drone'.
( Who else here enjoys Monty Python ? )

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Wow, I had no idea we should only post when we knew the correct answer. When did humour get banned here?

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Thanks to 99notout for his diagram.
Overly hilarious replies more than welcome after actual answers or it just covers up the fact you don't know and should be paying attention. Just took it off, found out the factory cam is really lumpy, so put it back on.

Last edited:

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Wow, some people have no sense of humour.....Or maybe they just really need to get laid

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Any lack of knowledge can be easily covered by bullshit or humour. Even I am guilty of this.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Thanks to 99notout for his diagram.
Overly hilarious replies more than welcome after actual answers or it just covers up the fact you don't know and should be paying attention. Just took it off, found out the factory cam is really lumpy, so put it back on.
"should be paying attention..." I must have missed that forum rule, along with everyone else here who still has a sense of humour.