Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats this VN worth?

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
Guys and girls...

What do you think the approximate price of this car on the second hand market would be? Details are:

VN with VP motor, done 365000 km/s

Lowered with FE2 suspension and Mag wheels

Sports steering wheel

Running LPG. No petrol as fuel pump is stuffed.

Full leather interior. Back seat very good. Front seats showing wear and small tears as age would suggest.

Tinted windows.

CD player.

Slow leaking power steering pump.

No it has nearly full reg. But I understand you cant sell a car with reg. without a RWC correct? If so, it will be sold unregistered.

Front tyres 90%, back around 60-70% or so.

Duco is faded on the roof and boot. A couple of dings here and there, nothing major, but showing its age.

What should it go for ? Approximately, I know its hard with out pics or seeing the car. thanks.

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
Depends on what state...

in adelaide you could pick something up like that for about 1000-3000 being on gas is a positive but the power steerin is a neg ect ect .. so id be advertising for 2ono and goin from there....

unless you can sell it with the rego

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
what happens with rego? I hear in victoria you cant sell with rego without a RWC. But if you can, what happens when you sell the car as its still in your name ?

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
you can sell it with rego but the person who buys it has to get a rwc in 30 days of you sining the transfer paperes or vic roads will suspend the rego

vns usually go for $700 to $2500 in vic

s0sage

Posting aimlessly ..
Reaction score
Members Ride
MX6 - Turbo .... so flame me
stuffed paint
stuffed steering
stuffed tyres (60% will NOT pass a rwc)
stuffed fuel system
stuffed seats
very high kms

thats the only thing i read out of that post .. cd players and steering wheels are worth nothing to the value of a car .. not a dollar.

this car needs a whole lot of work on it .. it sounds like the owner has not maintained the car whatsoever .. a power steering leak unfixed and cant be bothered fixing the fuel system (you need to run fuel once in a while with gas converted cars) .. what else couldn't the owner be bothered doing ??? changing the oil? servicing the transmission? washing it? suspension bushes?

this car in AS IS condition i cant imagine anyone with half a car orientated brain paying more than $700 for. but theres plenty of bunnies out there so you could part with it for over a grand lol ...

dont mean to rain on your parade with it mate, but its not a very sunny situation with that car.... theres a 99% probablity theres a whole lot more wrong with it than your aware of .. cars in a state of disrepair are often actually in a WORSE state of disrepair than they seem to be

Last edited:

comtim

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN
OH REALLY SMARTARSE ??!!!

Ever heard of a car being sold that "needs work" knobspanker?

Guess what, VN's are about 18 years old now. It will have faults will it?!Thanks einstein!

Jesus.

Besides this knob, thanks to those that replied.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
I'm thinking 1000-1500k without looking at it.

coolvxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
5sp VN Executive1988, VX SS 6sp
Most of the problems you mentioned are pretty common with VNs. And with it being an 18year old car of cause there is gonna be the odd ding and seats a bit worn. I would put it for $1500. But if you have time to sell it i think there would be someone out there that would pay 2000 because its got gas.

xlr8_87

No longer a commy driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 Prado 4x4
OH REALLY SMARTARSE ??!!!

Ever heard of a car being sold that "needs work" knobspanker?

Guess what, VN's are about 18 years old now. It will have faults will it?!Thanks einstein!

Jesus.

Besides this knob, thanks to those that replied.

funny how "this knob" is 100% correct...