Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats this??

ahmedomnnea

Ahmed.Iraq
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Excutive, 3.8 V6/A4
Hey guys,
I have a 2002 VX with V6 Ecotech engine, and I noticed this thing in the back of the engine, I don't know what it is can anyone tell me what is it?
and what it does for the engine and if disconnecting it will cause bad effects to the engine or the ECU, because I have disconnected it and felt an improvement in the engine.

I will appreciate your help.

Ahmed, Iraq.

Attachments

• DSC01247.JPG
    DSC01247.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 859
  • DSC01248.JPG
    DSC01248.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 949

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC
sooo u dont know what it does....... sooooo u disconnected it, whatever it is it's there for a reason id reattach it if i was u

glowworm

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exective
What is wrong with this pic ,the brake booster is on the wrong side ,how can that be ?:bang:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
What is wrong with this pic ,the brake booster is on the wrong side ,how can that be ?:bang:

He is in Iraq......

It looks like the purge solenoid for venting the charcoal canister. If you noticed an improvement, chances are it may have been stuck open causing a vacuum leak.

VryNeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL EXEC

hes from iraq left hand drive left hand brake booster?

keza87

JCCC NSW Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX/VY/VZ Wagon LS1
It is the exhaust gas recirculation valve. Basically it takes exhaust gasses and re-directs them back into the intake. This is done for pollution requirements in Australia.

You will find it will run better as its not feeding exhaust gas back into the motor, but it is required to be attached and working correctly in Australia