Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats this?

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Noticed oil on both end's of this hose. But one end runs into the a/c compressor ?? Not sure where the other end goes as it connects to a pipe that goes to the radiator.

24012011338.jpg

sp001in

vyma100
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute
acv6vy.png

acv6vylegend.png

Item 6. Discharge hose tube. From what I can see it shouldn't have oil in it. but I honestly have no idea about how air cons work mate.

colgf

Reaction score
Members Ride
s/charged v6 HR Holden, s/charged v6 EH Holden,
could be oil spray from Power steering pump above, wipe the area down & have another look a few days later , Air Con oil is normally a phosphorous green or blue dye type oil. this stuff you have looks like engine oil or power steering fluid.

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
If you suspect its aircon leaking then get someone to put die in it and drive it for a week after a good clean , then they use UV glasses to see the die if it is indeed leaking.

I suspect it will be tranny or power steering oil myself.

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
oil can leak from those connections in aircon hoses, maybe just give it a good clean and run your aircon for a couple of days to see if it is leaking from the hose.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Aircon seems to be working. I noticed it when changing headlight bulbs It looks like engine oil And i don't think its spraying off something as its also leaking at the top end of the connection Think ill just get that hose replaced. Thanks

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Just left of it there looks to be an oily deposit aswell. Which would lead me to think that it's really an engine oil leak.

Check your rocker covers for any leaking. That hose, plus a regas will set you back over $300 easy. A clean, and a recheck a week down the track will help to pinpoint and save any unnecessary repairs.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I had a similar leak on my A/C hose near the compressor there.It looked exactly the same as yours does in the pic.They leak where the rubber hose and the metal connector are crimped together.The compressor oil gets pumped around through the system with the A/C gas,so if theres any leaks at the hose joins, the oil will leak out too.The A/C guy tried to re crimp the hose tighter,but it wouldnt stop leaking ,so he replaced it altogether.Just needed a regas then, and its been fine ever since.

hN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 03
Yeah its def that hose I did the rocker cover gaskets 2 weeks ago. Thanks for the reply's will look at getting a new hose.