Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

what's with it?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I have my seat pushed back a long way but I'm tall....it certainly isn't reclined though.I'm not a fan of getting into an accident and then submarining underneath my seatbelt.

I used to be in the SES and a lot of accidents involved young drivers who were reclind that far back and pretty much had to drive with their fingertips. Control? Whats that? No wonder I used to mutter myself "You deserved this you piece of **** but I didn't deserve the 2am phone call to scrape your sorry arse off the bottom of your car and then pick up the bits and pieces of the car you didn't see."

GLD-086

Reaction score
I can't sit in a reclinded seat, because I keep slipping down, plus it makes you look like a tool, when you could virtually rest your arm, on the back window, the way some people lean their seats back.

I have to have the seat back though, because I'm a pretty big bloke and my feet get cramped up.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
tr3nt said:
Maybe people recline thier seats to be comfortable? Not everyone has to sit 2 inches from the steering wheel, my friend.

there is a difference between being comfortable and being a danger to others.

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
each to their own... it's all in comfort, but if they doing it to the ridiculous extent that their driving is suffering then they are just tools, obviously no one thinks they look cool doing it, so begs the question, why do it if not for comfort??? lol, people ARE dumb...

I like Eminem and Metal... bite me.. :p

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
lol, unfortunatly MANY people think they look cool whilst doing it...go figure.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
big_stretch said:
1: He can bag eminem...cos chances are the guys that 'unnessecarily' recline their seats are listening to rap...and metal rules all the way...
2: If you have ever seen the old shirt that says 'Phuck it's the Fantom' you would understand it's not an error.
3: To true, i'm 6'3' and find that having the seat low and back stops the mirror and sun visors blocking my sight and stops my knees busting the column when i brake...

True that I'm 6'2" and I can never get far enough back. Used to drive a gemini had two knees either side of the steering wheel.
I have my seat back cause it's comfortable, too close you look like a tool.

Spaced

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore Exec
Morgasshk said:
each to their own... it's all in comfort, but if they doing it to the ridiculous extent that their driving is suffering then they are just tools, obviously no one thinks they look cool doing it, so begs the question, why do it if not for comfort??? lol, people ARE dumb...

I like Eminem and Metal... bite me.. :p

Same, I like all music except pop and country. I think your more of a tool if you crank your crappy stereo up so loud that the distortion is terrible. That's not cool

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
Spaced said:
Same, I like all music except pop and country. I think your more of a tool if you crank your crappy stereo up so loud that the distortion is terrible. That's not cool
well I better stop it then huh...

R

Rinn_P

I sit relatively far back. But not so far back that it looks stupid (I think? :p ). Its all about comfort. Whatever position is most comfortable without compromising safety and ability to drive! But realistically, yeah I have seen some people driving so far back it looks like they are almost horizontal! But come one guys... gotta get the gangsta lean happening a lil bit!! :w00t:

Rinn

Wombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-II Lumina Sedan
I'd like to make some of those twits in ricers you see doing it to the extreme spend a week in an old MG-TC...come to think of it, a lot of old 1940's and fifties British sports cars...the steering wheel is about eight inches from your chest...:yeah:

Used to be a guy here in Bundy with a brown Pulsar four door...he had his seat so far reclined that he was actually looking out the rear door side window, and drove with mere "fingertip control"...heaven help anyone who he had to avoid in an emergency, he'd have no hope of grabbing the wheel properly with any control. I actually saw him have to sit forwards for each gearchange to reach the knob...which is appropriate when you think of it...:whistling