Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

whats wrong with my car :(

Bex

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS V6 Commodore
whats wrong with my VS :(

Hi guys, Im having major issues with my 95' V6 VS.
I brought the car 2 years ago and ive already had the CAS changed 5 times.
While driving the car just stalls completley, Sometimes it re-starts sometimes not and it flatens the battery pretty quickly trying to restart it. I know i need a new battery, but does anyone know what could be causing the CAS to go so often ?
In the last 2 weeks i have replaced the CAS, coil pack, Fuel pump and filter, knock sensor, spark plugs.

This last time it stalled the car would start and stall after a couple of minutes,we were pretty sure it was the fuel pump as we couldnt hear it. so we replaced it, it decided it didnt want to start after that so we replaced the crank angle sensor and it still wont start. Ive been told to check the fuel regulator.

I hope i have explained this problem properly. Its absolutly doing my head in. :bang:
Im trying to avoid taking the car to holden at the moment because i know it will probably cost me a fortune.
Does anyone have any suggestions that can help me out ?

Last edited:

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
do a diagnostic check! short pins 5 and 6 and see which numbers come up

Bex

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS V6 Commodore
gibbo said:
do a diagnostic check! short pins 5 and 6 and see which numbers come up

unfortunatly i cant because of when the battery went flat ... No codes in the computer.

L

lil_fonz

Unfortunately i dont have a solution to your problem but I will be reading in interest over the next couple of days to see if a solution can be found. My sister's VS has a similar problem of cutting out at any given time (last time was in the middle of a round about leaving her with no power-steering) and we are stumped as to the problem. In the last 2 months i would say the car as been to the mechanics atleast 7 or 8 times and every time they say they have fixed the problem it plays up a few days later. Hope you work it out soon as the info may come in handy.

Cheers Fonzie

Bex

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS V6 Commodore
Yeah thats happened to me a few times while going around corners.

Its so frustrating, the first time it happened i put it into a mechanic and it also happened to him after he replced the sensor. He put it down to a dodgy one so he replaced it again and the car was fine for a couple of months.

I cant even drive it :( and when it does drive i dont have the faith in it to last.

J

janand

vs

Do a systematic diagnosis first. Shorting pins 5&6 will give you a code 12(crank sensor) which is normal on these cars when eng is not running.
Check for good spark on all 3 coil towers. check inj pulse on an injector plug with a noid light or an led test light.
If the above test out ok I suspect it may have a fuel delivery prob. Tell me how you go with those tests and we will go further if req. If you are in Brisbane, I may be able to look at it for you.

comitnycrym

Maintenance Electrician
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Acclaim
Had a problem similar to that once but found out it was my Mixer for the Dual Fule system i have in my car.... :bang:

Bex

Reaction score
Members Ride
95' VS V6 Commodore
there are no codes there at the moment.
Does anyone know much about the fuel regulator ?