Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's your current VE theory

F

foammedia

The VE news has gone down a bit lately so I'll tell you what I think is the truth after many hours of study : )

Spied test cars
UAM-452 Turbo SV6
UAM-454 Turbo Calais
UAM-455 V8 SS
The black and white camo machine out in the desert was a Statesman

I fairly sure about those, I belive the grill will be a large mesh shaped like this

/------\
|........|
\____/

Or big square/rectangles and will be black

You maybe wondering why I'm so sure about test cars being turbos?
Well first they need the most testing because Holden hasn't used that engine in it's own production cars yet. Although it has probably tested it around Australia before sending the engine to Saab. Also if you know Holden well you would know that they always offer (when they can) an alternative better than standard engine in the V8 in the Calais and Statesman. VH 202 SLE, VL Turbo Calais, VS/VY Super 6.

So who says it's a turbo? well a couple of things stood out for me, firstly it makes no sense that the spied Calais should have the front guard flutes, Calais owners don't dig that kind of thing and I HIGHLY doubt a standard Calais will have those flutes, also it has twin pipes, fair enough a high perfomance alloytech could be given a dual zoorst on a posh model but I think the 200?kw alloytech will the the variable inlet "190" version and it will be the stock motor in the executive, the 170kw version we know now will be gone..........So I think flutes on a calais means turbo Calais, also you might want to see what someone from Holden said about the spy pics of the dual zoorsted UAM-452 (which also has the fluted "turbo and V8" :p) guards),

"The most intriguing feature is the huge twin-pipe exhaust system, which points to something special in the engine room, particularly as Holden insiders tell us not to assume the scoop car is the next SS with a V8."

ie. Turbo SV6 : )

I don't think a turbo diesel will be ready on release day but I'm 99% sure there will be a turbo ready for sale on release day, now if it's the standard 2.8 liter Saab version or bigger or both who knows.

There are certain things about the inside rear seats and roof/window area in the black USA car that make me almost believe that is an SS Hatchback. It appears to have a different or no parcel shelf, it's defiantly different behind the back seat to the sedans that are driving around at the moment anyway. The window angle and length of the car, I dunno it all seems slightly different

Last edited by a moderator:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I've got a few theories (and I know I sound convincing but it's all made up, and based on nothing), although I keep changing my mind, I'll stick with these ones so in the future I can see how wrong I was :p

----- Holden Commodore -----

- VE Commodore won't be getting the turbo, but at least one of the mules getting about is a turbo, this is just seeing how the V6T goes in the VE, and a future zeta platform model will get it (model after VE).. possibly called "V? SV6T"

- No more SV8, instead there will be:

- Two versions of the VE SS, a more down-to-earth SS with basic interior/features, but has all of the SS's drivetrain.. and the other SS will be a lot like the current SS, and cost more.

- At unveiling there'll be no official VE wagon, instead they'll keep using the VZ wagon for a few years, by giving it VE styling on the front (and people will start putting these bits on their VT - VZ to make them look custom).. this is because they're not set-up to make long wheel base Zetas yet (so that means no new Statesman for a while either).. but there will be a VE wagon!

- Just as the Monaro was based on the VT platform, there will be a coupe based on Zeta.. but it's going to be different.. it's the:

- Hatchback! This is the massive surprise, and it might just be called Torana for something interesting (but as it stands it's still Commodore). However it's not necessarily going to look anything like Commodore, because it's a new fresh platform it's been designed from scratch. This is Holden's answer to people who complain about lack of retro styling. It's going to look very similar to an SL/R 5000, with squarish headlights and V6T (but later on)/V8 engine options.. this will not only be the Torana, but exported as another American badged car.. because Holden's CV6 wasn't popular, that's why the only 6 going in this thing is the turbo one. This model will be Holden's flagship medium-sized sports car, competing with the likes of WRXs and whatever

- Diesel alloytech V6 will be optional on ALL models except "Torana"

Oh, and model names! I'll compare my ideas to already existing models:
- Executive = Omega
- Berlina = Calais (gives the illusion of a more affordable calais)
- Calais = Calais-V (high end)
- Acclaim = Acclaim
- SV8 = SS
- SS = SS-V (high end)
- SV6 = Sports (that will be the name! "Commodore Sport")

- Side vents/bonnet holes are ALL functional cold air intakes

----- non-commodore related -----

- That S3X model will come out, with heavy VE styling cues on the front (ala Territory vs. Falcon.. and don't point it out, I know it's the same floorpan on both of them :p).. it will have the alloytech V6, and for something interesting L76 V8.

- The TT36 Torana concept car at the motorshows was only there for two reasons: Get an idea of what people think of it's styling and to make a turbo V6 to keep people interested in the General (plus to steal the show - it did this :D).. it's by no means an indication of what the VE Torana will look like.. only a name! That car was built on the Kappa platform, not Zeta like the VE Commodore

----- Juzza says -----

- If even one of these comes true, I'll be happy :p

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
Hey guys
I dont really have any theories but going off the torana hatchback which many ppl sem to think there is going to be could you imagine if this car was not only a holden car but then played with by hsv:D
If Holden made a 280Kw turbo what could hsv do.

Also with the captiva would that be big enough in the engine bay to take a v8
I know the ford territory cant fit one in thats why there is speculation bout the turbo coming out.
Maybe they will turbo a captiva ?

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
this is because they're not set-up to make long wheel base Zetas yet (so that means no new Statesman for a while either)..

the new statesman, caprice will be launched same time as the sedan.. and wagon to follow.. they usually do it the other way around but statesman sell more and are a bigger export as the buick royuam(spelling???)

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
That's fair enough then :D

maxy0987

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
what about doors Troy? doooors!!111one!!!! we need doors, how do we get in? lol

Just to mention one of Juzza's points, there will be another monaro/coupe in this model, it has been confirmed by holden/GM and will be produced in 2008, was in a cars mag from last month. Holden will be heavily involved in this new 'monaro'

ucwepn

America just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Website
www.darkcold.com
Members Ride
WH statesman 5.7
I have seen it with my own eyes and can say that it does look very BMWish (roofline and windows) with a touch of Audi and the previous model mercedes thrown in.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You know whats funny i believe holden has been testing the Turbo V6 since the Torana, And if they are smart and they are they would have them running in VZ's already with tranny etc. Then into the VE now.
I think they know how important any Turbo V6 will be, They got the 6LT done early. So no repeat of VT II Gen3.
On power from a Turbo V6 i think first up it won't top 260kw. I could be wrong. But not sure if HSV will do? But the TT is always around.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I think you are all dreaming. Beside's, from the spy shots i have seen and the car going over the westgate, i'd prefer not to own a large Mazda 6