Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whay to do with this problem!!!

saif abushanab

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore SS 5.7
I have problem in my Commodore vx ss 5.7l gen iii
The car vibrates on idle and the idle is poor, the medium idle is 650 this drops to 640 or 630 and back up to 655 and like this, and the air thats come out of exhust is poor also ( as the videos )

What did i did?
I cleaned the MAF sensor, air sensor, throttle body, new air filter, used mitsubishi fuel system cleaner 2 times.

What happned ?
Nothing exactly nothing!!!!

Pleassssssssse helpppppp
Is it the fuel filter??

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
not likely fuel filter
sounds like valves/camshaft
could be egr valve
how many km and how badly thrashed

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
As lout said
Sounds like a lumpy cam.
You could also check coils leads and plugs.
Disconnect a lead one at a time while the engine is running and see what, if any, difference there is.
If it is cam and/or valves, it might narrow it down as to which cylinder it is

saif abushanab

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore SS 5.7
175,000km odometer

This car has a long story: i am the second owner of it i bought it 2 weeks ago, the old owner was repairing and servicing in a good workshop ( and he was replace with original parts only! ), once a day at the morning the car won't crank, its not a battery he get to the work shop, the workshop turned the crankshaft forward and it's normal, but whe go backward it won't he disassembled the engine but every thing was ok!!!, and reassembled it and again it wont crank but it can turn forward, this time he scanned the pistons, the surprise he found that one of the chambers fulfilled with fuel why? Because on of the fuel injectors wasn't spraying the fuel it was pouring the fuel so the piston chamber filled with fuel and piston it unable to move ( one shot of the spark plug was enough to explode the car ), that's all what i know about the engine, what so you think??!!

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
the engine has hydrauliced (spell)
engine may need a rebuild

saif abushanab

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore SS 5.7
+ i have only one code P0523 that tills there is a problem in the oil pressure mybe it's only a sensor.

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
If the engine gets a cylinder full of fuel, then when the piston comes up with the valves closed, it will hydraulic, meaning the fuel will not compress, and, if you are trying to start the engine and the spark plug sparks, then boom, explosion, and this can then result in blown head gasket/damaged crank, etc.,

So, as lout said above, if you have had the boom, then the engine may need rebuild, or at the least, remove the head on the fueled up cylinder and investigate, then fix the troublesome injector before trying to start the engine again.

saif abushanab

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore SS 5.7
Sorry may i forgot to tell you he changed the fuel injector so now it's ok for it.

saif abushanab

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Commodore SS 5.7
If the engine gets a cylinder full of fuel, then when the piston comes up with the valves closed, it will hydraulic, meaning the fuel will not compress, and, if you are trying to start the engine and the spark plug sparks, then boom, explosion, and this can then result in blown head gasket/damaged crank, etc.,

So, as lout said above, if you have had the boom, then the engine may need rebuild, or at the least, remove the head on the fueled up cylinder and investigate, then fix the troublesome injector before trying to start the engine again.
The spark plug didn't sparked when it was full of fuel, if he was sparked all the car will explode