Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whee clearance

classycalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Gents, need a little help with wheel clearance. New to all this so please save the harsh replies.

I have a 91 VN Calais. Just bought some vz sv6 17inch wheels...upon fitting, they hit the base of the suspension. The tires on the wheels are 225/55/r17....I’m thinking that 225/45 would possibly fit???

Any ideas? If not a set of rims will be back on gumtree.

Cheers

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
What do you mean by the 'base of the suspension' ? What part is that.? The front coil spring seat ?
VN Calais only had 6" rims, and 215/65x15s were about as big as I could go with tyres, with FE2, on mine.
I think your problem is related to the off set, size of the rim, and tyre.
Use this to compare wheels https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp

Last edited:

FBEKEJEH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 304
Gents, need a little help with wheel clearance. New to all this so please save the harsh replies.

I have a 91 VN Calais. Just bought some vz sv6 17inch wheels...upon fitting, they hit the base of the suspension. The tires on the wheels are 225/55/r17....I’m thinking that 225/45 would possibly fit???

Any ideas? If not a set of rims will be back on gumtree.

Cheers

i have a VP calais and I have 235/45/17 tyres on VE rims , the clearance is fine. If you want the 225 profile i think you will find 225/50/17 is the equivalent diameter.