Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Alignment Specs

Mike Litherous

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ssv
Had no inside edge wear running -2.5deg front camber whatsoever. I have pilot super sports installed 45000km ago and they are still in good shape on the front. If anything the outside edges are worse than the inside.

If u run zero toe or any toe out it will kill the inside edges even with a small amount of front neg camber. Run a tiny bit of toe in and it will be fine.

I do live in the foothills of melb so I guess I’m going around corners more than the ave person.

H

harrop.senator

I had -3 or 3.5 on my vs that was set up for winter though. That would slightly unevenly wear a little bit with the compensation for toe as when we had enough toe to wear it evenly the tyre was chopping quick from to much scrub with the amount of camber it had on it. My alignment dude I think just ended up running 1mm of toe in we had up to 1.75 at one point and the tyre wore evenly but about in 2000ks. So he dialled the toe out a bit and then a set of steerers lasted 6 months of daily driving and had 30-40% left on the inside and 40-50% outside.

H

harrop.senator

Except caster isn't adjustable on a lot of cars.

Casters adjustable on 98% of cars as long as it's not an eye to eye rod without a threading adjuster you washer stack the rear of the bush to push the control arms further back. Obviously cant run them closer to the front but most times it needs to go rearwards . Ive done this on a few cars to better the turn in.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Except caster isn't adjustable on a lot of cars.

But in the case of this particular car, the caster should be fine enough not to warrant Pedders to run more negative camber on the left to compensate for the camber of the road.

For these Commodores, you can adjust caster, by the addition of washers in the radius rod, in particular spots around the bushing.

GMVPSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Redline Wagon, 7sec Pontiac GXP, VY Ute
With the camber washers that came with the Coilovers from MCA I got it down to -2° camber. (Improved from around -4° where it was with the bushes they installed in it from their assembly line!)

I will have to get the wheel alignment done with the camber there as it appears MCA aren't going to be able to get me additional camber washers this week. :( it's a $300 option when you order the coil overs and they don't give you enough to get it setup!

All good. after not driving it for 3 weeks waiting for rocker arms another few days getting the suspension right I can handle.

Dirty Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MY17 Series 2 Redline - Red Hot
as a matter of interest, how regularly are you getting wheel alignments done?

i have been getting the Santa fe done every 10,000km and was planning the same for the Commodore.

3rspecB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSv Redline, White Manual Sedan
as a matter of interest, how regularly are you getting wheel alignments done?
i have been getting the Santa fe done every 10,000km and was planning the same for the Commodore.

I had Subaru's previously and did wheel alignment and front to back wheel rotation and wheel balance every 10k. Have started the same routine on my MY17 Redline but can only swap side to side due to staggered wheel setup. Even bought a tpms scan tool off ebay to re learn the tpms.

Patto89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S1 SSV Redline Ute
–.30° ± .33° left and right are factory specs.
Hey Legend,
Can you please tell if that would be the same on A VF S1 SSV Redline