Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel balancing and road force test

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VFII Calais V 6.2L Sed
@KING46Calais V , as I’ve said, legally the entity responsible for providing a remedy to a fault is the selling business. And as VS 5.0 stated early in the thread, the selling dealer can’t fob you to a (tyre) manufacturer as such behaviour is illegal. The seller is the entity that need to take action to resolve the problem, full stop.

So the Holden dealer needs to diagnose the problem as it could be caused by a number of issues as is evident from the workshop manual I directed you to. Let Holden diagnose it and when they have isolated it to a tyre, as you have done yourself, there is no dispute the tyre is at fault. Also keep in mind that the workshop manual does not state to send tyre to Bridgestone for evaluation so challenge them if they try such crap. They, the dealer must take action to fix it. If the dealer doesn’t want to do their job in diagnosing your issue, it needs to be escalated to HCC and/or the dealer principle.

If Holden won’t fix anything, as you have stated, they must have a reason. I’m curious as to what their reason is though I suspect they are simply are trying to give you the finger. If so you need to push back.

State to the Holden dealer that they are legally obligated to honour your ACL statutory warranty on the faulty product they sold you. Their options are to fix it, replace it or refund the purchase price.

As is, you’ve struggled dealing with the wrong legal entity and lost the use of your vehicle for three weeks with nothing to show for it but frustration. So do it correctly and go to the selling dealer. If you have no luck, pay $68 and put it in front of the a small claims judge/mediator. You’ve had more than enough info from the tyre place to likely get a good outcome and possibly also recover the consequential loss of the useless wheel balances and wheel alignments. If you went down this path at the beginning, it would likely have taken less than 3 weeks to get a final answer. It’s not rocket science. It’s a small, trivial case worth what, around less $1k.

As is, the Bridgestone sub forum guy would likely be aware of this issue, just like the many other JC forum members, unless the Bridgestone guy lives under a rock - which I doubt. He should also be aware Bridgestone aren’t legally obliged to do anything because they never sold you anything. Only hope in dealing with Bridgestone now is if they feel they are gaining a bad rep because of their poor handling of this issue, else they send you some cease and desist letter. But don’t hope for Bridgestone’s embarrassment to provide a positive outcome.

Ps: I’m not trying to be harsh, just trying to get you focused.

No i know your not being harsh

But, if I take it to Holden, they will refer it to Bridgestone, they have already told me that. I dont expect Holden to say there is a fault, if Bridgestone say there aint. In addition, I will have the privilege of paying Holden to try and find a fault. Whether they do or dont, I still have to pay they have told me this already. So along with labour, I bet there will be charges for balances and wheel alignments

So if they say there is no problem and I say there is, I still need to take it to tribunal. Which is exactly where i am with Bridgestone. Then all I will have is Holden and Bridgestone backing each other saying no problems. And Ill be more out of pocket.

While I appreciate the advice, I think its the long way around and at the expense of more dollars.

I will confirm with NCAT if I can make a claim direct to Bridgestone or if I have to go to Holden

State to the Holden dealer that they are legally obligated to honour your ACL statutory warranty on the faulty product they sold you. Their options are to fix it, replace it or refund the purchase price.

Thats all good and well if they acknowledge the product is faulty. Holden going against Bridgestone, highly unlikley.

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Also keep in mind that the workshop manual does not state to send tyre to Bridgestone for evaluation so challenge them if they try such crap.
Sorry dont agree. Just because the manual doesnt say to do it, doesnt mean they cant. Just like Harvey Norman sends a faulty TV back to samsung for diagnoses, holden would do the same with bridgestone. And it would be deemed reasonable to do so in the circumstances

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you went down this path at the beginning, it would likely have taken less than 3 weeks to get a final answer. It’s not rocket science. It’s a small, trivial case worth what, around less $1k.
to get heard at tribunal is anywhere from 10 to 28 days so it may have taken longer. Once again, not as simple as you think. Once you go to the tribunal and if you are unprepared and lose, thats it, you have no other recourse and the matter in finalised. So taking into account time to build a case and gather evidence, it would be unlikely to be over in 3 weeks.

You have to remember that I have to prove my point of veiw. I go in there and say my tyre sucks, Bridgestone and Holden say no it doesn't, who is the registrar going to believe.
But I dont want to go into a public debate re case and my argument as Im sure Bridgestone in some capacity are watching this. Like i said, Im in court weekly, criminal not consumer but the basis is generally the same. And not that much different. its not the process that is bugging me, its tying up the loose ends and getting it all in order.

This is where Id offer some criticism, while I cant fault your recall of the ACL, it is not applied literally as it is written. And just because you say there is a fault, doesnt mean it will be accepted.

I have seen numerous people self educate via google, only to be eaten alive once they put their case before a magistrate.
Dont forget Bridgestone have a legal dept, they are all over this stuff and can probably recite it in their sleep

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I will confirm with NCAT if I can make a claim direct to Bridgestone or if I have to go to Holden

I don't believe there is anything stopping you claiming directly against a manufacturer if that is the way you choose to proceed.

The ACL just stops retailers fobbing people off to the manufacturer.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Honestly not worth it just use tyres in a burnout comp and definitely not on the street.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
@KING46Calais V , as I’ve said, legally the entity responsible for providing a remedy to a fault is the selling business. And as VS 5.0 stated early in the thread, the selling dealer can’t fob you to a (tyre) manufacturer as such behaviour is illegal. The seller is the entity that need to take action to resolve the problem, full stop.

So the Holden dealer needs to diagnose the problem as it could be caused by a number of issues as is evident from the workshop manual I directed you to. Let Holden diagnose it and when they have isolated it to a tyre, as you have done yourself, there is no dispute the tyre is at fault. Also keep in mind that the workshop manual does not state to send tyre to Bridgestone for evaluation so challenge them if they try such crap. They, the dealer must take action to fix it. If the dealer doesn’t want to do their job in diagnosing your issue, it needs to be escalated to HCC and/or the dealer principle.

If Holden won’t fix anything, as you have stated, they must have a reason. I’m curious as to what their reason is though I suspect they are simply are trying to give you the finger. If so you need to push back.

As is, you’ve struggled dealing with the wrong legal entity and lost the use of your vehicle for three weeks with nothing to show for it but frustration. So do it correctly and go to the selling dealer. If you have no luck, pay $68 and put it in front of the a small claims judge/mediator. You’ve had more than enough info from the tyre place to likely get a good outcome and possibly also recover the consequential loss of the useless wheel balances and wheel alignments. If you went down this path at the beginning, it would likely have taken less than 3 weeks to get a final answer. It’s not rocket science. It’s a small, trivial case worth what, around less $1k.

As is, the Bridgestone sub forum guy would likely be aware of this issue, just like the many other JC forum members, unless the Bridgestone guy lives under a rock - which I doubt. He should also be aware Bridgestone aren’t legally obliged to do anything because they never sold you anything. Only hope in dealing with Bridgestone now is if they feel they are gaining a bad rep because of their poor handling of this issue, else they send you some cease and desist letter. But don’t hope for Bridgestone’s embarrassment to provide a positive outcome.

Ps: I’m not trying to be harsh, just trying to get you focused.

I know what I'm going to write maybe off topic slightly, but still on the same path.

I have 2 fuel filters fitted to my car....One before the electric fuel pump and the other is a water trap fuel filter, before the carby...The fuel line is rubber..

I changed both filters after doing 8,500K.....The water trap fuel filter had rust particals in it....Now who do I go after? Holden for supplying a metal fuel tank

The company that supplied the metal to make the tank

The fuel company for the crap fuel they supplied to the service station, which could have caused the issue.

The servo for supplying me the crap fuel, which could have caused the issue

The fuel filter supplier, that supplied the filter near the fuel pump, for it failing to catch all the rust particals?

It's plain there is has been a failure somewhere along the line and now I need to know who to go after to make sure I never have the issue again

KING46Calais V

Reaction score
Members Ride
Honestly not worth it just use tyres in a burnout comp and definitely not on the street.
I have thought of that, but I'd still have to fork out at least $700 for 2 new tyres that I Shouldn't have to be buying yet.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Yep, old thread but for completeness I had an interesting find within NHTSA website for 2016 Chevrolet SS which I thought worth adding to here for completeness.

For the Chevy SS, look under Manufactures Communications tab near the bottom of the page. Then go to page 4. Then click on the + icon for "May 9, 2019 Component Tires". Now you should see associated document MC-10161906-999 (being their latest revision of GM Bulletin Number 00-03-10-006N) while Affected Products above includes SS's from 2014-2017.

Within this doc, it lists 8kgs or less as being a guide to radial force variation for passenger vehicles (11kgs or less for light trucks). The doc itself outlines the process to follow in determining when a tire is out of specs and should be replaced.

Oddly, it was beyond the ability of Holden and its dealers to follow a known GM process (which seem is standard fair in the USA) and should be relevant down under. IMO, simply very poor handling from Holden indeed.