Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Bearings

Jules86

The Cream Machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL(VeryLow) Commodore Exec.
I have replaced the bearings (outsides only) once before in my drivers side front wheel (did the other side aswell). Have noticed there is a rubbing grinding sorta noise from the wheel, and can sorta feel it in the pedal.

Bought a new set of bearings thinking the inner bearing behind the rotor were stuffed. Pulled the rotor off and the bearing, all look good, execpt the outside one that has been replaced feels a little grindy when i spin it in my hand. I'm assuming that is the colperate; last time one bearing was half worn down, legthwise. So not completely sure.

The bearing kit came with the 2 sets of bearings the cases and split pin...now getting the old cases out of the rotor, is it possible or are the cases in the box just to protect the bearings till installed. Cuz i tryed for like a whole minute to get them out and it wasnt happening, better make that bout 20mins :)

Holdfast

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Sedan Country Pack
I'm pretty sure the bearing races can be driven out of the rotor.

I've used a wooden dowel and a hammer before.

A few times, I've bought a brand new set of rotors really cheap:) Just bung the new bearings into the new rotor after greasin good, slap on new pads and everything should be ok.

Sometimes you can get new rotors for about $35 bucks:)

mag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 1 Acclaim 2003
I'm pretty sure the bearing races can be driven out of the rotor.

I've used a wooden dowel and a hammer before.

A few times, I've bought a brand new set of rotors really cheap:) Just bung the new bearings into the new rotor after greasin good, slap on new pads and everything should be ok.

Sometimes you can get new rotors for about $35 bucks:)
That's a top tip as you get new braking perfomance as well:dance: