Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel choices

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
Hi All,
I have just ordered an SSV, my first V8 purchase so am pretty excited, but the wait for it to be built is killing me.

I was wanting to purchase Black wheels to go with the car, have ordered the HSVI Sabre which are 8" width. We are interested in the HF-20 which are 8.5" but not sure whether the extra money is worth it.

Is there a major advantage getting 8.5" wheels instead of 8" wheels? It costs an extra $1000

Thanks for all your help

villn808

Reaction score
Members Ride
8 inch rims are narrower than stock mate, fairly skinny wheel. Have you had a good look around? I'm sure you could find some better looking wheels for cheaper, unless of course you really like them.

smee75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Heron White
Thanks mate, I was in 2 minds of either sticking with the stock wheels and lowering the car a little or getting 20", but you're right they seem skinny. Will affect the handling?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
They might make it a little harder to put down the power to the rear, where you'd want a wider tyre for more surface area contact.
Steering may be a little better with the narrower tyre as its less likely to suffer tramming.
If you plan on getting a bigger brake package (like redline brembos)later on then you will need to ditch the wheels in any event.
Personally I like the Sabres a lot, second favourite HSVi to the super sports.