Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel decision

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Well I not the wrong driver for the car. And if I said I was goin 22's or bigger then I would agree to big but 19's are my limit retro look is a good look 16s were cool in the 90's sorry to disappoint guys

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
we're not disappointed, we aren't going to be driving the car, you are.
We offered our opinion as you asked for it. 19's have never been cool on a first gen, nor are they functional, they will have a negative effect on handling.
Bottom line it's your car, so you choose whatever wheels you want.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
i agree 100% with darren. From experience 19" on first gen handle like **** ride like **** and look like ****.

Well your opinion that it will look like **** you can keep to yourself I asked what people thought not to rubbish my car I respect all comments and if I had original wheels I may of gone that way. But your comment has no respect and to say that all the top end show cars out there with big wheels look like **** is a silly comment at best. To the others that have commented thank you for your input I will take it and will consider looking for some genuine hdt wheels

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Well your opinion that it will look like **** you can keep to yourself I asked what people thought not to rubbish my car I respect all comments and if I had original wheels I may of gone that way. But your comment has no respect and to say that all the top end show cars out there with big wheels look like **** is a silly comment at best. To the others that have commented thank you for your input I will take it and will consider looking for some genuine hdt wheels

loloolol.... You ask for opinions. Near everybody (some very knowledgeable on these old girls) tells you they are too big. You still say you know better. Perhaps you should have asked for only those opinions which agreed with you??? :unsure:

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
At no point did I say I knew better in fact I said I may take the advice and look for for original wheels please read. My only negative was sayin my car look like ****

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt

Don't go getting all uppity cause people said something you didn't like. We're not here to make you warm and fuzzy inside.

People have been screaming the answer at you, but you don't seem to wanna do it. 17's are the max you'd wanna go, because of ride/handling/looks/price. But if you wanna go 19's (Seems like nobody is going to stop you) then do it :)

Just don't be complaining about it afterwards.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Once again you not read it all at no point was I uppity about what anyone had to say I tried to explain my reasons of goin big wheels ie brakes and that I already have them it wasn't till I was told my car would look like **** I'm sure if some one said your car look like **** you wouldn't just smile and say oh that's nice

180sc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais & vh sl
You cant handle someones opinion when its not to your liking then don't ask for it in the first place. I wasn't saying your car is **** i said "big wheels look ****" i despise big wheels on early cars. Take a look at the trend of tubbing the rear to fit these stupidly large wheels under the back then take a look at the damage caused to that vl "2 angry" at summernats and tell me that car wasn't weakened buy that tub work, yeah the car would've been ####ed anyway but not to the same extent

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
I sorry if I came across as tho I can't handle an opinion that is not mine cars are all about takin opinions and working out what's best for yourself. I took your comment as a direct insult if you not ment it so be it. Criticism I can take.