Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel help for a VH

Hanky420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
i am currently rebuilding a VH Commodore for a car i can use on my P plates and i found some wheels for it that i actually like, but they are 20 inch, now i was wondering what will i have to do to make them fit and is the any restrictions that stop me from haveing 20inch rims.

VHpwr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH 202 SL
20 inch rims on a vh, your asking for cops to pull you over.
will probably throw your speedo out of wack, feel every nick and bump in the road..

You will have to roll your guards most likely, take pot luck i guess.
but honestly, 20 inch rims are highly un-necessary, in my opinion stick with 17's or 18's bro.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
and look real **** on old girls LOL

Zeussy

SSM11K
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F Clubsport, Rodeo 2.8 TD 4x4
Meh, you all suck :p

Do what you want O/P.
Obviously, roll the guards and fit later model front struts, (VN/VS) VH's spring saddle is mounted too low to fit them. They scrub on the underside of the strut/saddle. Alternatively you can give the spring saddle a stern wack up with a lump hammer to make them fit :p Or fit coil overs.

Drove it like that for a few months, before it was painted blue, matte black, shaved and never got pulled over.

zeussy-albums-vh-picture83624-dsc01384.jpg

TY318

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL 202
yeh i have 18"s on mine and they look pretty neatjust lowering to a bit for the perfect hight

Hanky420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
i read the section 8 on the vic roads website and it didnt really help me at all, plus it is out dated buy almost 8 years and im sure the laws have changed since then.

Hanky420

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore
when i read it i didnt really understand it anway, has anybody else had trouble from the police after putting 20s on there car.