Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel help with VY wagon exec

Boosted2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY commodore wagon 03
I have just purchased a 03 VY wagon exec and am wanting to get some 20s for it. The question i am asking is what model commodores will the wheels not fit from ?
I have been told anything of a VE wont fit but will wheels that fit a VZ,VT,VX ect fit my wagon ?

Dont want to get new wheels as its only my to work and back car and parks in dirt for now.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks Gavin. Gold coast.

alpine-wolf

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Executive S2 Wagon
Wheels from a VE will actually fit they just require a bit machined out of the centre hub of the wheel, I think its about 2-3mm due to different hub sizings, the VE wheels have a 14mm stud hole vs 12mm stud for VT-VZ.
Pretty much anything VT-VZ should go straight on no hassles, VE will need a small amount of machining.

The only other thing will be the wheel offsets, from memory VT-VZ 43mm, I think The VE wheel offset is the same as VT-VZ?

VB - VL = 43+

VN = 43+

VP = 43 + optional offset is 42 + or 31 + for V8 Exec sedan
VP Berlina = 26 +
VP ABS IRS = 26 +

VR Executive = 43 +
VR Executive wagon = 40 + or 43 +
VR Berlina sedan = 43 +
VR ABS IRS = 26 +

VS Exec wagon = 43 + or 37 +

VT Acclaim V6 = 26 + all other VTs are 43 +

VX all models are 43 +

VY Exec V6 = 43 +
VY SC V6 = 41 +
VY Exec wagon = 43 + or 41 + for the 5.7 L
VY2 = 43 +
VY2 SC V6 = 41 +

VZ Exec = 43 +
VZ Acclaim = 41 +

Also try to keep within 10mm for the wheel offset. Legally its either 12mm or 10mm to keep the offset legal and thats there for a reason...

The other thing to keep in mind is that the change in wheel size will affect your speedo plus a bit of fuel economy as well. On 20's your speedo could be up to 15-20km out ie, speedo says your doing 100kph when your actually doing 115-120kph!
http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

Hope this helps
JT

Last edited:

bubbamuir

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE WAGON
Hey guys. I am wanting to get VE SSV 19" alloys for me Vy executve wagon. Do you know if it is legal in VIC??? Ive heard about the tyre placards and all that, and about the 15mm difference in diameter. But am just wondering if anyone knows... Thanks!