Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel rims for roadworthy

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
I’m taking my car in tomorrow to have the roadworthy signed off but one thing they told me I had to do was get one new front tyre. The easiest way for me to go about this is to switch both my front wheels out for a set I’ve got here off a different VX, but they’re stock rims and I currently have mags on my car. I’ve looked at the Vic roads regs and it says that not all of the tread patterns have to match, but it doesn’t say whether all of your rims have to be the same. Is it okay to have a mismatched set like that?

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Car won’t look exactly presentable - try to get it looking respectable and you’ll have a better chance of it passing. Not too sure on legalities - I’d expect you’d need to have the same width/track/size on across each ‘axle’.

gungazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
executive vt 5.0lt VZ CREWMAN
easy get new tyres lol

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I’m taking my car in tomorrow to have the roadworthy signed off but one thing they told me I had to do was get one new front tyre. The easiest way for me to go about this is to switch both my front wheels out for a set I’ve got here off a different VX, but they’re stock rims and I currently have mags on my car. I’ve looked at the Vic roads regs and it says that not all of the tread patterns have to match, but it doesn’t say whether all of your rims have to be the same. Is it okay to have a mismatched set like that?

Isn't the preferred option to have the mags on the front and stockies on the rear ?

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
You should ask the rwc person what he will pass. No stress.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Non matching wheels. Bit obvious what you are trying to do.

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Surely just BUY one new tyre.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Surely just BUY one new tyre.
Yeah you’d think so, but I live in the middle of nowhere and the only local tyre place is half an hour away and can’t do it until Monday. Plus the tyres off my other car are better all round than the ones I have on at the moment but one of the better set is flat so I don’t have a full matching set between them.