Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel silver paint code.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Does anyone have a code for the VZ Monaro factory rims? Trying to get a price and whether the thinner and hardener I already have for Debeer Alaskan will be compatible. Was hoping I could just use solid but been told I really need base and clear.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Anyone with a Monaro have the wheel colour code on their build plate? Or know of a place I could ask to get the code?

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
try quicksilver body colour
or since you mentioned your anal about stuff and intend to keep for ute, dont waste your time, save some cash and get it done professionally in 2K in quicksilver and they will last donkey years without issues/damages from home garage spraying.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So the original wheel colour was quicksilver yeah?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Google search says quicksilver is a body colour. Rather find out code or name of wheel colour. These rims are rare and given the hours I have in them I want them factory colour if possible.

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
I'm using lav7b for the silver/grey inserts on my front end and side skirts that I'm doing on the vt.
my vx is quicksilver and it's a lot lighter shade of silver as just done the fuel cap for it

M#ick2183

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt wagon, vt hsv xu8,vs hsv senator,vs ss ute
export1641940191204.jpg
that's quicksilver haven't had my list application approved yet so I don't have the other colour yet

Reactions: Lex

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
So, so far Quicksilver seems to be a relatively close match. As far as I can find out it's not the real colour they were called, as from what I can find on the Net it all seems to be guesswork. The question has been asked before but no definitive answer..... Bloke at the paint shop reckons base and clear is the go but it will work out more expensive that way, probably double the price in materials alone. I don't reckon Quicksilver is the go, to me it doesn't look like the exact colour they were before I stripped them. This is going by the pic posted above. However I may have no choice as I have no other leads on who to ask about the true silver they came out in.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I will hold off until I'm nearly ready for tyres, that way I might be fortunate enough to get an exact name or code. I really want to keep them original as possible as they are fairly sought after interstate, with the only barrier I have come against in selling them is the $200 shipping price to Melbourne. I had a bloke ready to take them but when I told him the price for freight he wanted a better price than I was asking and I'm not willing to drop below $650, even in current condition of needing top coat and one more light prime. Understandable though because add another $250-$300 for paint and a hefty $200 to send them it works out cheaper to find some locally. A good set seems to be around $1000 asking price, so no ones going to want to pay more than that.

H

harrop.senator

Worst case scenario I'd just get a colourthane direct metallic silver with a bit of flattening agent in it if don't want to full sparkly.

I've painted heaps of wheels and engine covers with colourthane and saves having to clear. It's industrial now was an automotive paint til they split with sika and had to agree not to promote automotive paint. 10 year Sun fade guarantee.

I get looked after but I pay $60 a litre and $40 for a half litre if it's a little job and I don't want spare. I'll take you a photo of my manifold that's painted in it. I think it'd look fine on wheels. Depends how fussy you are on it being exact.