Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel silver paint code.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Honestly, only one person is going to notice they are slightly lighter or darker, and that person, is the one person who counts......
Fixed it for you,

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Inside and out of just the face?
Both, I primed both sides, I can get away with a light coat on the inside, just to make it all the same colour when you look through the spokes.

H

harrop.senator

The coverage is pretty good on it and it's 2-1 + 10-15% that makes 825-860 ml. Surely that will do two wet coats it's polyu it's not a thin base that needs a lot of thickness to fill.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
That's more than I used to prime them, I'm sure 500mls of paint, plus additives will be enough then. Might give them a call tomorrow and see if they carry it. Thanks for being really helpful, appreciate it.

H

harrop.senator

All good my paint guy luckily knows how not fussy I am unless I have a code.

I think that tin came about by " really bright Silver for wheels and engine parts. "

I have two types of factory finish satin now as I complained one was a bit shiny and he was right it was the new plastic black cover type of satin.

Or I'll ask for gloss or flat black and he'll just sell me something hell happily use , is cheap and does what I need it to do.

He's made me $430 a litre retail paint with 700ml of pearls and flakes per litre before. Joys of telling your Mrs go look at his colour swatches and get him to make you something for your rims and valve covers.

Stupidly saying " get whatever you want , litre of paint can't be that bad. "

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Well unfortunately I'm probably canning the Wattyl option. Turns out materials alone are $260. If I pay to have it blown on at another $250 that's a lot more than if I get it done by a shop and they supply the paint.

Back to figuring out if I can get a match maybe with a colour chart or come up with a name of the original silver or something I like and use that instead of a code and get some 2k mixed.

I will get there, it's just going to take some time.

H

harrop.senator

Order it over the phone and pay Freight cost. I highly doubt it'll be much over $100 for a litre of paint and half a litre of hardeners.

Ring my mate Tony block at MLB here , they do post outs and your hardener and thinners may already be compatible.

Tell him Hayden told you to ring him. His first question will be if I'm staying out of trouble , the answer is fairly.

Screenshot_20220113_103042.jpg

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Locally paint $112, hardener, $82, thinners $66. Hardener is currently out of stock Aust wide and could be a six week wait to get more in. No materials to make it apparently as they come from OS.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Order it over the phone and pay Freight cost. I highly doubt it'll be much over $100 for a litre of paint and half a litre of hardeners.

Ring my mate Tony block at MLB here , they do post outs and your hardener and thinners may already be compatible.

Tell him Hayden told you to ring him. His first question will be if I'm staying out of trouble , the answer is fairly.

View attachment 232069
Thanks Man, not sure its worth wasting his time. I'm pretty confident that I won't be able to use my Valspar thinners or hardener with the Wattyl product. I can't even use my De'Beer thinners or hardener in the Valspar primer I have. I had to go out and buy different thinners, the hardener I already had. I might go get a colour chart next week, and see if I can look around SCA and see if they have something with the same look, that I can use as a name to have mixed in De'Beer.