Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel stud conversion

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i was thinking last night that if i want VE wheels on my ute would it be as easy as just knocking out the smaller wheel studs and drilling the hole out bigger to accommodate the thicker studs??

Dan355

Go THE SS's
Reaction score
Members Ride
Street Legal 355ci VN SS - Daily: VP SS
I think the wheels have a different offset to. Why would you want ve wheels? I havnt seen anything decent yet.

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
as far as i know from hq to all the commodores, the stud pattern is the same. just the offset and the centre is a little different in the kingswoods..
don't know about ve or vz. i would think vz would still be the same...

xcop5l

4th year spanner spinner
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN ex cop 5L
as far as i know from hq to all the commodores, the stud pattern is the same. just the offset and the centre is a little different in the kingswoods..
don't know about ve or vz. i would think vz would still be the same...

the stud pattern is slightly smaller on the h-serise to the commodore and the center is bigger
the pattern is ok to fit commy rims on but the studs bend slightly and sometimes break. trust me i did it :whistling

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
i have a hq rim on a vh. i will have to go and have a look tomorrow and see if the studs bent

BrianH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP EXECUTIVE
I have seen warnings about HQ to WB wheels and Commodore wheels on Australian automotive sites for many years. The wheels are not interchangeable. The HQ to WB has the American Chev stud pattern i.e 5 studs on a 4 3/4 inch circle. The Commodore is metric with 5 on a 120 mm circle.

There is about .7 of a millimetre difference and that is enough to eventually break the studs as many people have found out the hard way.

Brian

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
now i am get ya all... lucky i don't own a kingsy or i would have tried it..