Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Swap

VY_utester

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY executive ute s1
Hey guys

Is it true the Holden wheel stud pattern has been the same from VC throught VZ? ive had afew guys say yes but i dont really know as they were trying to sell the rims.

I have just bought a VH and want to use some steelies form a vy ute as ive changed the wheels on that

Tom_1569

Ecotech Power
Reaction score
Members Ride
'14 SR5 Pusslux
Yes its true the same stud pattern is used from VB-VZ.

BUT.... There hub diameter changes at VR or VS (I forget which one), which is what mates the wheel to the car firmly. Fitting VR/S Wheels onto a early model requires spaces to fill the gap, or if Fitting pre VR/S wheels to a VR/S or newer you need to have the hub area on the wheels machined, its only about 1-2 mm from memory, but its enough to cause stress on the studs and cause them to snap off.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
[QUOTE=Tom_1569;1159469]Yes its true the same stud pattern is used from VB-VZ.

BUT.... There hub diameter changes at VR or VS (I forget which one), which is what mates the wheel to the car firmly. Fitting VR/S Wheels onto a early model requires spaces to fill the gap, or if Fitting pre VR/S wheels to a VR/S or newer you need to have the hub area on the wheels machined, its only about 1-2 mm from memory, but its enough to cause stress on the studs and cause them to snap off.[/QUOTE]

the stud pattern or PCD on all commodores is the same - 5 x 120, the centre bore is also the same on all commodores until VZ 69.5mm. the VE is the first change with 66.9mm. be careful with the offset which is how far in or out the wheel sits. Exactly what model VH and Vy is it because even a 4cyl vh is different to other vh's to accomodate for the larger/smaller rim sizes that come on the cars standard. steelies should be fine as they are the thinest rims

jakbob

Lighten up.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, VC L, VK Vacationer
The 4 cylinder vc and vh commodores were the only ones that were really any different, they ran an old Torana stud pattern as i understand, i think they also ran a banjo diff. As shiftySLE said the stud pattern has remained the same all the way through (which is a beautiful thing), just the centre bore changed with the VE, and I think maybe the offset is different on the VE?

ow2839

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 4.2L auto
VZ SV6 rims to VH SLE

My mate is offering me a set of VZ SV6 rims for my VH but I'm not sure if they'll fit (properly) or not. I'm not interested in modifying things so if there's any drama I'll just go with chasers. :thumbsup:

Any advice folks??

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Both 5*120 VZ has a 48mm offset, VH has a 43mm offset. should be fine as they are wider wheels, I would try them first, it would be the safest way.