Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel-y stupid question.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Ok so question time.
I bought some new 17" rims with tyres second hand last night.
Got them home and compared them to the Two matching ones i already had (was trying to find a full set)
Now my problem is, i know for a fact that the two already have fit. but when i compared the old and new ones side by side and flipped upside down i noticed something I couldn't really overlook.
The distance between lug nut holes on the wheels is different! the ones I just bought seem to be much closer together and appears to have a smaller overall diameter of the 5 holes.

So forgive my ignorance but is it possible that I am right and that they actually wont fit at all? (havn't actually tired yet)
The wheels were taken of a subaru (think it mighta been a forester)
I'm really doubting they will fit on my VX but apparently I lack even more knowledge than i thought about wheels.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
The same company will make the same wheels for different vehicles. You have to match the space between the holes and other measurements, not just the brand and diameter. I hope the seller is nice and does a refund.

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Damn. well i suppose i should have done my research first. small price to pay though, got them quite cheap.
also, google is a brilliant thing. haha
on the topic of BCD (Bolt Circle Diameter) does anyone know the dimensions for a VX? 5x... what?
I have a friend who has a 2009 Lancer and im pretty sure his BCD is 5 x 114mm maybe they will fit his car?

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
I was going to make a comment, but I just dont know what to say:hmmm:

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
I did say it was a stupid question.
*sigh*
you did just comment. lol

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Commodore and bmw are 5x120
Ford and other makers are 5x114

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
Exactly the answer i was looking for!
Thanks heaps ephect!

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
exactly the answer i was looking for!
Thanks heaps ephect!

not only that ur centre bore hole on the wheel needs to match the hub size on your car otherwise you will be up shiit creek without a paddle and
either your wheel wont go on if the bore hole on the wheel is too small or if its too big you will need hub rings to take up the space otherwise
ur wheel nuts will be taking the load instead of the hub which is can cause your wheels studs to shear off....

Mattde

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S1
not only that ur centre bore hole on the wheel needs to match the hub size on your car otherwise you will be up shiit creek without a paddle and
either your wheel wont go on if the bore hole on the wheel is too small or if its too big you will need hub rings to take up the space otherwise
ur wheel nuts will be taking the load instead of the hub which is can cause your wheels studs to shear off....
Yeh read about that online as well. definately an important point!