Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheels for a ve omega

ve2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
hey guys. first post here, just wondering about new wheels for my omega i have just bought, it just has the 16 inch stockys on it, i was looking at some 18"s but the blokes at bob jane and the tyre factory think that 20"s are the way to go for a ve. what are your thoughts on this? they also said that 20s are also the cheapest tyre than the 18 and 19 because there so popular. thanks

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
well i think that 20" wheels suit the size of the ve better then 18" wheels do and being a omega and only having standard springs the 20" wheels may also aid the car in looking a bit lower (i think)

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
Most people put 20's. Putting 18's on a VE will look the same as pre-VE on 17's cos of the bigger tyre size.

Putting 22's on a VE is the same idea as putting 20's on pre-VE. So would be better off going 20's

ve2008

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
thanks for the reply guys, i reckon i will go with the 20s. just have to find the right set now. do you know how much 20'' tyres set you back?

Freshjivin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2/ VT SS
B-Boss eleanors all the way, make it look sexy and classy