Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheels from a BMW e46

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
So my BMW E46 got recalled and The dealer bought it off me (Good riddance, Cost me way too much in repairs)
I managed to grab my aftermarket wheel from it so i could put it on the new car i'm looking to buy (VE Sedan)

The stud pattern looks the same, but the centre bore is about 6mm smaller than on the BMW.
Will this cause a problem, and if so, how do i fix the problem

Cheers

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So my BMW E46 got recalled and The dealer bought it off me (Good riddance, Cost me way too much in repairs)
I managed to grab my aftermarket wheel from it so i could put it on the new car i'm looking to buy (VE Sedan)

The stud pattern looks the same, but the centre bore is about 6mm smaller than on the BMW.

Cheers

I think the bolt pattern and PCD are the same, you'll need hub rings to fill up the centre bore clearance.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Go and see a wheel and tyre retailer, they should have info for you.

vywgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1967 Holden HR Premier Wagon / 2015 VFII SV6 Sedan
Stud pattern is the same, any tyre store will either have some hub rings in stock or can order them in

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
They look the shizz on commodores.

_R_J_K_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Zenki S14

You just need to get hubcentric rings to go over the centre lip of the hub on the VE. You just need to find out what the centre bore of the VE is and the centre bore of the BMW wheels and then find a ring that matches. Any ebay ones will be fine, they're just a solid machined pieces of metal.
images

The wheels may not fit if the studs on the Commodore are bigger than on the Beamer though.

Last edited:

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
if this the same as trying to fit vb-vz to ve which is lot harder because the stud holes are smaller

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
So my BMW E46 got recalled and The dealer bought it off me (Good riddance, Cost me way too much in repairs)...
Yes, BMW found another bunch of airbags using yet another propellant that is seriously faulty. Owners are advised to stop driving. When replacement parts will be available is unknown are and in some instances BMW is offering a buy back (as in your case).

Oddly, as owners have been advised to stop driving these bummers, this vehicle can’t be considered anything other than seriously flawed and not fit for use. This must result in meeting the major fault classification under ACL and must allow the owner to choose their remedy (including full purchase price refund).

So, on that front, I’m curious if you bought your E46 at a dealer and whether BMW pay you that purchase amount or whether they paid current retail price. And if they didn’t pay initial purchase price why not?

You may have been short changed quite some $$, especially if you bought the E46 new and they paid around current retail. Also curious if the6 got you to sign a non disclosure (which I think courts have made unenforceable to tie conditions to getting your ACL rights).

For BMW and ACCC to be sweeping your ACL rights away, especially in this case, is potentially a big deal... class action big deal...

MilkBoi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yes, BMW found another bunch of airbags using yet another propellant that is seriously faulty. Owners are advised to stop driving. When replacement parts will be available is unknown are and in some instances BMW is offering a buy back (as in your case).

Oddly, as owners have been advised to stop driving these bummers, this vehicle can’t be considered anything other than seriously flawed and not fit for use. This must result in meeting the major fault classification under ACL and must allow the owner to choose their remedy (including full purchase price refund).

So, on that front, I’m curious if you bought your E46 at a dealer and whether BMW pay you that purchase amount or whether they paid current retail price. And if they didn’t pay initial purchase price why not?

You may have been short changed quite some $$, especially if you bought the E46 new and they paid around current retail. Also curious if the6 got you to sign a non disclosure (which I think courts have made unenforceable to tie conditions to getting your ACL rights).

For BMW and ACCC to be sweeping your ACL rights away, especially in this case, is potentially a big deal... class action big deal...

It's just a big ol' hassle. They paid me a bit more than retail (because it had low kms and i had repair receipts)
I believe that they didn't pay initial pricing because they had so many to deal with. 12,633, to be exact.
So i'm guessing the big BMW heads give each dealership a price range (Retail price) to buy them back, and they keep within that.
The BMW rep had to call the bank to get anything over retail price.
They also said 18 to 24 months on repairs
They didn't make me sign a non disclosure. Didn't really have to sign much at all......
In the end Takata is going to be out of pocket, because all BMW has to do is just take them to court, and they'll get their money back.