Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When does the car enter closed loop mode

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
yes they will only swing when in closed loop mode ide say the flag isnt setting for some reason maybe due to being eval

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
funny things is, the LH O2 sensor does exactly that on my VS. bloody weird that is.

i'd take that article with a grain of salt, there are a few errors in it

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Thanks for your help everyone. I think most of it makes sense now.

Searching through the flags, it seems that EFILIVE has two different flags listed for fuel mode. I wonder whether the "fuel mode" I was looking at was actually the "lean cruise" mentioned above? Anyway next time I go for a drive I'll check the other one. However, based on what I have been reading, and delco's comments, I am no longer concerned about this as I am in no doubt that the car is entering closed loop mode.

aceventura

Doesn't drive like this
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mazda 6
Ok, got the fuel mode sorted with EFI live - you tuning guys probably already know, but I'll put it in for future reference anyway.

The actual open-, closed-loop mode is FLAG 35, bit 6. I changed the dashboard to show this status flag, and it worked perfectly.

There is another parameter that EFILIVE claims is the fuel mode at FLAG 32, bit 2 (the status flag I was using). I am not sure what this is, but as alex2_s mentioned, it could be the lean cruise mode.

Cutting the pink wire appears to have cut my city fuel economy from ~15L/100km, down to ~12L/100km. Highway fuel economy hasn't changed much. I am still keen to do the proper fix on this though.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
ahh, just found your thread.

in the first log you posted you can see that the O2's are swinging but in the lower part of the graph about 600mv peak. in the 2nd pic in the later post it's about where mine are around the 900mv at it's peak.

now that i re-wired mne both are the same so that was the main aim for starters. now i gotta see how it goes