Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When have you met Brocky?

slatz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
I was distraught to here the terrible news of Peter Brock's passing today. There are certain celebrities that you are used to having in your life because you feel they are a part of your life.

I only ever met Brocky once. It was in the paddock area behind the pits at Bathurst in the late 80's. I was only young, so my recollection isn't perfect. He signed an 05 sticker for me which took pride of place in my bedroom.

I'ld like to here anyone else's stories about when they met Brocky.

He will be sadly missed.

Slatz.

smokey_dj

Reaction score
Members Ride
1991 vn series 2 exec [URMONY] & 93 vp calais
i sadly never got the chance :(

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
when i was about 7 or 8. at bathurst the week before the race. dad wanted to take a photo and tried to get me to move really close and hold his hand. i started crying so mum and hannah had their photo taken.

yeah, it sounds stupid, but peter brock was one of those godlike figures, you just didn't touch him and i freaked :( i wish i wasn't such a sook now.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
2 times, at summernats. the first time i got my picture taken with him (which i will scan and post later). i remember when i met him it was like meeting god... i couldnt beleive that the motor racing legend was in front of me. i was lucky that my parents were working there and i got to have a chat with him. he was such an awesome bloke to talk to. if i remember correctly it was the same year (or year after) as his (first) last race at bathurst. one of the other guys working there saw that he pulled out his famous open faced helmet (as he was doing a driving demo) and he said 'old faithful, hey pete?'. brock laughed and made a comment (which i cant recall).

2nd time at summernats when i met him (once again) i had a chat with him and got my photo signed... i was cheering!

i also met him at bathurst in (i think) 2000, once again he was willing for a chat and to sign stuff.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
I met Brocky about four times when i was working at G.M.H in the late 70's and early 80's . He used to do a tour of the factory when we were building the shells for his race cars,and a couple of times at Bathurst.

GroopA

Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Impulse VZ SV6
Met Brockie many times in the pits at barbagello, but my personal highlite was when i flew over to bathurst in '96 and stayed at Peter Brock Village (which was just at a school) but you would have dinner with the great man every night, and he'd come and sit down with you, have a drink and chat for ages. Definately my best moment with the great man.
RIP. :cry:

YMY-88U

Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VH SL/E
i sort of met Brocky at bathurst last year, went to say hi to him in the paddock behind the pits, and the man just drove straight past me in his monaro that he was gladly driving for business people... but still respected the man and always will.

semi

GOD
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR exec wagon
i remember one of my mates was at a urinal next to him, cant remember where and looked down and said ' you really are peter perfect'

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
I met brocky at Shepparton, there was a Trading Post Rally on at the exact weekend of a friend of family's wedding. He was the LAST celebrity to race.. about 5 hours before the race began the leg from Shep. he had only just got there.. not too many poeple were there.. I was flabergasted that I met him. He was showing of I think the VT/X? at the time.. he took me for a spin around the block in the car (cause I was almost drooling on it). Then once he started his leg, I think he used around 30,000K's of tread on take off.. Allowing the smokers a chance to admire, and kinda testing the power steering (considering the angle he cooked it on).. ahhh... memories.

Attachments

• 08-09-06_1858.jpg
    08-09-06_1858.jpg
    272.1 KB · Views: 153

bitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
vh worked 5ltr
going back a few years now didnt really meet him but i saw him at the servo......he pulled up next to me as i was fill my car (HD p/van all orig) i like to think he kept checking it out.. so wanted to talk to him but was way too nervous and i didnt want to hound him for an autograph