Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when talking suspension height legalities and pictures of SSL

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Cheers mate, yeah they are VE SS-V 19s.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
yeah i did cop was a ####,
went home, took the subs and spare tyre out, measured it, 14cm,
went down to vic roads that arvo and bazinga! all clear haha,

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Noticed you're in SA. We've got the 'eyebrow height' measurement to abide by to be legal. Measurement goes from centre of the wheel to the rim of the wheel arch. Each make and model has a specific height to be classed as legal.

For a VZ, the lowest is about 358mm. This is pretty much what FE2 (Standard SS suspension) will put the car at; any lower will make it defectable.

But hey, thats no fun is it? :D

P

persiandesire

ssl.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Noticed you're in SA. We've got the 'eyebrow height' measurement to abide by to be legal. Measurement goes from centre of the wheel to the rim of the wheel arch. Each make and model has a specific height to be classed as legal.

For a VZ, the lowest is about 358mm. This is pretty much what FE2 (Standard SS suspension) will put the car at; any lower will make it defectable.

But hey, thats no fun is it? :D

Seems my memory serves me correctly for once. Cheers for that confirmation.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
My ute is on UL's and the cops never bat an eyelid. Looks mad when the arse is dumped and the camber is off. Messes the tires up though.

sam.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S II
if you are worried about your car compressing to much when you have passengers in the car do NOT get king spring SL/SSL. spend the money on some springs built to australian standards, made with high quality material. im reffering to the springs that Pedders Suspension manufacture. cant go wrong with their product! and if you live in vic, the rule is 100mm from the LOWEST part of your car. if ur headers/exhaust hang below your side skirts or bumbers you must measure from the lowest part of those to the ground.
cheers

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Lol what a load of wank. Work for or have a financial investment in Pedders do you? I run Kings and have no issues with passengers in the car or without and car handles great.