Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when talking suspension height legalities and pictures of SSL

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec 5 spd/ VZ SS 6 spd 6ltr
would like to know if any one here has had there VZ lowered with SSLs and know if the ride height/bumpstops are legal. (im thinking its borderline) would like to get some for my SS but don't want to get in a crash and void my insurance for it being illegal.
was thinking SLs in the front though or is the turning fine with SSLs?
should I be needing lowered shocks to make it legal.
and pics of VZs (SS in particular) with SSLs if possible or links would be great of ur ride or someones

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
SSLs all round

26774_383101363958_712543958_3667194_2000608_n.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

Best to fit the shorter shock so they operate in the correct range and so your rear springs dont fall out :)

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
love the height, do u have 100mm from lowest part of body to ground at any chance?
just wondering if they will decline me for my insurance if I make a claim or something.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Lowest part of front bumper is 110mm, front of sideskirt where its lowest is 120mm.

The exhaust is another story haha prob about 90mm :eek:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I was working across the road from Pedders when I fitted mine so threw a set of their shocks in and had no issues.

Havent tried the brands you mentioned so cant comment.

Gothem92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Lowest part of front bumper is 110mm, front of sideskirt where its lowest is 120mm.

The exhaust is another story haha prob about 90mm :eek:

It goes by the lowest part of your car. which is usually ur cats or where your headers end. or even your diff. or they even measure form center of your rim to the guard? not 100% sure on that tho.

I had SSL's in a base model VU. according to the cop he said i was ####ing lucky and that i was sitting perfectly on 100mm.
and he was pretty ####ed he couldn't book me. also remember if your tires are bald you loose ride height. not much but can get you booked. or even if u have a small diamiter tyre on for what ever reason. skids etc... haha

and i think it goes by empty boot/tray/car? correct if wrong.

esca_ByDesign

Clean and Classy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY exec By Design
this might not be what your after but just saying, got my VY on super lows as didnt want it to be ridiculously low, got pulled over the other day with 3 passengers (me and 3 others) and cop measured 55mm off ground :| so be careful with ssl's lol

callum_88

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
It goes by the lowest part of your car. which is usually ur cats or where your headers end. or even your diff. or they even measure form center of your rim to the guard? not 100% sure on that tho.

I had SSL's in a base model VU. according to the cop he said i was ####ing lucky and that i was sitting perfectly on 100mm.
and he was pretty ####ed he couldn't book me. also remember if your tires are bald you loose ride height. not much but can get you booked. or even if u have a small diamiter tyre on for what ever reason. skids etc... haha

and i think it goes by empty boot/tray/car? correct if wrong.

haha lucky, dont know about empty tho.
dont really care about coppas trouble, im running on slicks right now lol but wondering if the insurance company are gonna get a ruler out and check after a claim or they will just guess

this might not be what your after but just saying, got my VY on super lows as didnt want it to be ridiculously low, got pulled over the other day with 3 passengers (me and 3 others) and cop measured 55mm off ground :| so be careful with ssl's lol

did u end up gettin booked for that?