Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When t's Time I's Time

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This is so much harder that what I thought it would be - some how just thought I would say bye and be on my way!

Shane

No way mate - you're not going to get away that easily.

One of the best things about the 'net is that, no matter where you go, or what time of day it is, there will always be friends at the other end of the line willing to chew the fat about anything at all. People here are concerned and will want to know how you are progressing, so there's no chance it will be a case of "gone and forgotten." You've done way too much good here for that to ever happen.

Heron SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 NT Pajero Exceed, 1984 VK SL
No one is ever alone. The worst thing to do is to get stuck in that mind set and shut everything out. Sometimes people outside family can do the most good. Look at the people on here, you've helped countless people you've never met, and yet you're getting messages of support and prayers for your future. Fight the fight.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
I, too, had cancer. I'm only 22.

I was diagnosed with a type of bone cancer, Ewings Sarcoma, 2 years ago. I had nearly a year off work while I had chemotherapy. After I relapsed I had radiotherapy and major chest surgery this February. I'm still recovering to this day.

Cancer does not discriminate based on sex, age, lifestyle choices. Don't think 'I'm young. I can't get cancer.'

I wish you all the best in your treatment and recovery. You should never give up! :)

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
sucks man, dunno what to say really, gonna be weird not seeing posts all over the forum from ya.

You've been a lot of help over the years with various ****.

Hopefully the time away does you some good.

Don't be a stranger.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Shane , Just like everyone on JC i was saddened to hear your bad news . You helped me out a while ago with a level 3 cluster for my VX complete with instructions to enable the PRND4321 on the dash after i was ripped off by another member . Anyone who delt with you would agree you are a true gentleman . Both my father 84 years old and my brother-in-law 54 years old have both gone down the same road as you and they both came out of it ok , so fingers crossed . Cheers Dave C

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
Oh wow, I wish I had stayed in touch more. Last we spoke you had good news about your cancer, sadly I see that went south along with your marriage.

All the best, try to keep your spirits up, you know where to find me if you want to talk.

C.

PS. FFS people don't ignore symptoms, put off compulsory tests (boob squashing for women and bowel cancer testing for both), get mole mapping done etc. especially you silly men who don't like Dr's or talking about your feelings. Early diagnosis can mean cure.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
^^ stuff like this makes me proud to know there are decent people still around.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
I'm so sorry to hear mate. You helped me a little while ago with both a body loom swap and making the level 3 cluster loom, 2 of the bet mods I ever did to my VS. That is one of the best parts about the internet, people that you've never met that are willing to help you even when they have no obligation to, and you always got back to me and were really friendly, so thank you for that.

I'm actually from Crystal Brook, so if I'd known you were from Pirie and had so many clusters, I probably would have gotten one off you back when I did it! but oh well lol.

Good luck with it all, hopefully it works out the best it can for you :)

Lindsay

VE_CalaisV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Sportswagon
Hi Shane,

I've never spoken to you, and I haven't been on these forums for that long. You've certainly impacted a lot of people and reading your story made my heart sink a bit. For what it's worth, you sound like a brave, courageous and generous bloke. Don't give up. You are never alone even if at times you feel like it. If you feel like having time off these forums then you have to do what's best for you but if you ever get to the point where you just need someone to talk to, please log back on as it's very obvious you have hundreds of mates on here that are here for you.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Well, that's just ****. Come on after a busy few days and see this thread title, I scrolled past it but something about it made be come back and read it. Very sorry to hear mate, I don't know you, but you have been around a long time and have helped many, many people. It's guys like you that make this forum what it is. Good luck with what ever decision you make.

On a side note, a colleague here recently passed from cancer, did one round of pretty savage chemo and it made no difference, he decided to forego treatment and choose quality of life for his remaining time. It was a very aggressive tumor that he had so his time was short. I understand prostate cancer is very much treatable, but as you say, life afterwards is not the same. Surround yourself with the people and things you hold dear. Mental attitude is s much a treatment as drugs and surgery. Work on your state of mind and get to a good place and the rest will take care of itself.