Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When t's Time I's Time

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
As the title says it's time for me to pull the pin. As unwanted as it is - as I've made plenty of mates along the way on Just Commodores over the years - and pissed off a few too probably. But on the whole put plenty of effort into making a contribution to the Commodore community. But it's time to take a back seat as they say.

As some know on here last year I as diagnosed with Prostate Cancer. The second biopsy this year has it the same size as last year (a Gleeson 6 slow growing) and is in the early stages. But it turned my life upside down and ended my 30 year marriage with depression and panic attacks. heart rate of 230 BPM and just plain sad all the time. None of the side effects are good options - yes very treatable - but they treatment is not fun - nor the outcomes! All the news is bad form the doctors - and the book they give you - if you read it - just makes the world a heavy place to be. No amount of it'll be alright helps!

As much as I fight the sadness - it follows me every day. I thought that if I stuck at the looms and clusters I would be OK. But I have grown tired of the whole show for now. Some days are better than others - but I'm finding it tough.

So what to do next - I have over 100 clusters to get rid of as I have no shed or home to work in. Currently hanging with my dad in Port Pirie keeping each other company , but my dad is leaving Pirie middle of next year to move to Adelaide and so I will not have a place to stay or store clusters - they all need to go by then!

I do have an offer to stay with some one in the States for a while if I can make the trip and I guess I will make an effort to do that. Some old friends may just be what I need.

So for now I will make that my focus - work my way towards a plane ticket - sell what I can (the sale of the V8 VN as just one more heart break) and see if I can make the States trip happen.

I will not close off the JC login just yet - but will be getting close soon.

JC's has been a wonderful place to be and I had a great time here. I will miss it for sure and probably log in from time to time. Just did not want to disappear on all the people that have taken the time to help me out over the years.

Many thanks to th JC's community and god bless.

Regards
Shane.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Mate U have been a wealth of information, and willingness to help out the members of JC. Ur presence on the forum will be missed. God bless on ur search for happiness, n hope it finds u soon.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
:(

Really sad to hear, thanks for all the information you've given on the forum. Best wishes with the rest of your journey.

somefool

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
1991 VN 'S', 1997 Ford Laser 1.6
The forum will lose an important member the day you leave. Sorry to hear of your circumstances, it truly does happen to the best of us, and the ones who utterly don't deserve it.
Who do we turn to now when we have a cluster question? You are the go-to-guy when it comes to clusters.

All the best mate. When you get back from Yankeeland there should still be a few clean VNs here for you to snap up when the time is right :thumbsup:

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
All the best mate.
You've been a great source of information and a real good gentleman.
You will be missed when that log off button is hit.
Thank you so much for the help you have given me and countless other members on here.

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Shane you were an absolute champ and a big help back when I had my VP. Can't thank you enough.

I wish you all the best
-Troy

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
gutted to hear all this man, you're one of my heroes on this site. wishing you the best... god bless

Shearer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS ute
Sorry to hear everything hasn't been going so well for yourself. Good luck for future :beer chug:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Sorry to hear everything hasn't been going so well for yourself. Good luck for future :beer chug:

Hey I will send all the build sheets to you - PM your address and I will give you all the tags and sheets.