Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
ADR79/02 = Euro 4.
ADR79/03 = Euro 5 for new vehicles from November 2013. ADR79/04 = Euro 5 for all light vehicles from November 2016.

At some point, aussie built cars got an exemption from the updated ADR79 but not sure whether it was specifically against /03 or /04.

In any case it was a bit of a mess relating vehicle build date to emission standard with most manufacturers as it depended on a number of conditions. Brief description here.

Regardless, I also read somewhere that the LS3 was not even close to Euro 5 compliant as it’s an old Euro 4 design...

Not relevant to you as your tuner side stepped Holden’s legal restriction.
Cheers. HSV must have slipped through the cracks with their 340's.
My tune isn't done yet. I'm waiting on them to source me a price for the Walky exhaust as DFP doesn't supply them anymore. If it's too exe I'll just stick to plan A, i.e. HSV.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
There were 12 VL Directors built, only 2 had the optional IRS (it was a $6500 option).
I agree with the others though, worst looking of all the Holden/HDT/HSV vehicles. Very rare though.
I had a VL HDT LE, that was a nice classy vehicle.
Yeah I thought there were only two VL Directors with IRS.
I was never a fan of those aero style body kits. The ones on the VN/VP's looked a bit better.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS-V & VU S1
I came across this article and it reminded me of this thread. In it the VFII SS's are recommended as good used buys for this year

https://www.drive.com.au/review/the-top-10-used-car-buys-for-2019-120503.html

Excerpt:
Holden VF Commodore SS Series II

Despite the fact that Holden stopped making cars more than a whole year ago, it’s kind of amazing that some dealers still have demonstrator VF SSs for sale. While the focus is on slow sales of the replacement car, the ZB Commodore, it seems predictions of the last of the Aussie Holdens being snapped up by collectors were a bit optimistic. Anyway, the point is that these VF SSs are actually great cars. And dollar-for-dollar, they thrash any full-sized, imported performance sedan. Fact.

Holden gave the very last VFs (the Series 2) a 6.2-litre V8 which is tuneful and also very feisty and if you find an SS-V Redline example, you’ll also get huge Brembo brakes to make the car a superbly rounded package. Okay, so big sedans are on the nose generally, but as the last gasp of the local car industry, a VF SS is also a significant model. You’ll have to wait a fair while before values start going up, but at least you’ll enjoy the car in the meantime.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Cheers. HSV must have slipped through the cracks with their 340's.
My tune isn't done yet. I'm waiting on them to source me a price for the Walky exhaust as DFP doesn't supply them anymore. If it's too exe I'll just stick to plan A, i.e. HSV.
who they using now?

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Come to think of it, I recall reading something about that too. Makes complete sense I guess.

The LE's are great cars in anyone's book regardless :)
For the not so limited build you'd think they could have done something better even 330kw

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
ADR79/02 = Euro 4.
ADR79/03 = Euro 5 for new vehicles from November 2013. ADR79/04 = Euro 5 for all light vehicles from November 2016.

At some point, aussie built cars got an exemption from the updated ADR79 but not sure whether it was specifically against /03 or /04.

In any case it was a bit of a mess relating vehicle build date to emission standard with most manufacturers as it depended on a number of conditions. Brief description here.

Regardless, I also read somewhere that the LS3 was not even close to Euro 5 compliant as it’s an old Euro 4 design...

Not relevant to you as your tuner side stepped Holden’s legal restriction.
The v6 didn't even pass but got govt exception till 2017, think it was why holdens Built all the v6s early and engine plant shut down in 16.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
For the not so limited build you'd think they could have done something better even 330kw
Power is easy for us to add after market. Holden specific MRC etc not so much. Personally there's very little I'd change.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
……….you’ll also get huge Brembo brakes...…….

Huge Brembo brakes my freckle.

I agree the VF2 SS & Redline are a great bargain and even more so now they don't make them but reading the highlighted statement just made me feel as though Morley is having a lend of his readers.

The car’s good enough sell itself without making it something it’s not.

The thing is most people who wanted one and could afford them have already made their purchases.

If they came down in price I'd buy another new one as a spare in case the one I've got gets dirty.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Only by using the LSA...
When Euro 5 applied(Oct 15), the LS3 was de-rated to 304kw.
HSV dropped it, and fitted LSA's to everything.
Holden then dropped the L77 and fitted the newly compliant LS3.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
HSV dropped it, and fitted LSA's to everything.

Except to Grange..

Which makes me think they had an exemption of some sort to keep running it.

But yeah...LSA Grange...:):p