Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I put the VIN into some random VIN decoder …
"Chevrolet Camaro Coupe 2016"
"Manufacturer: Chevrolet GM Australia"
Additionally:
CAMARO.jpg

I didn't expect to be able to tell the build date as opposed to model-year; but expected even less to see a picture of a Mustang when the defective VIN decoder thought it was a Camaro. :)

Much lolz.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Grange only had a limited run at the start of Gen-F2, didn't it?
Actually what did a Gen-F2 Grange have over a Gen-F? Just different wheels?

Essentially yes I think, perhaps gen 3 MRC as well??

and there was the SV edition as well:

https://www.hsv.com.au/live/story/?id=2398

If this had have had the LSA, it would be parked in my driveway..always had a major soft spot for the Stato/Caprice and particularly Grange..

Ccoastcalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf2 redline, Ve ssv
Can cross 2 more off the list. Just purchased 2 redline wagons, mine a demo from Sydney dealership & the wife's is a new car from a Canberra dealership. Very hard to find a wagon but seems to be a lot of sedans still available

BAitch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6
17th October 2016
Many thanks for the build date - most appreciated. Interesting that a late 2016 SS-V Redline in Prussian Steel is still sitting in a dealership all this time. The colour is not that bad, so one wonders "how come"??
Incidentally, there are still 8 Motorsport Editions, new/demo sitting in dealerships in NSW, Victoria and WA all with less than 22km on the clock. That is about $560,000 worth of retail stock waiting to be sold.
Sitting in dealerships in NSW, Vic, SA and WA are 13 SS-V Redline Sedans, auto and manual. Of these, five are in WA, three in Victoria, four in NSW, with just one in SA. Although this figure is subject to revision as I will be checking each dealership again when I recover from a hospital visit!
Six Calais V unregistered and classified as new still to be sold.
Only three SV6 new/demo unregistered are in dealerships in WA, Victoria and NSW, two Sportwagons and one sedan.
The surprising thing are the number of high value SS-V, Motorsport and Calais still for sale when GMH expected these to be snapped up quickly.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Based on RRP and dealers not asking ridiculous prices.

Even RRP two years down the track is ridiculous. A buyer should be able to drive away in a 'new' SSVR for not much more than $50k

In all seriousness, these aren't new cars anymore. Even putting aside the fact they have never been registered, they are at least two years old in the mind of Joe Carbuyer and prices need to reflect this. Maybe we'll have to start referring to them as NOS soon..?

Last edited:

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Pity we don’t know what they are really selling for as asking price seems like a diminishing Hope.

Denial, that famous river in Egypt.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Manufacturers conduct sales of previous year's models as a regular event. How would you advertise 2017 build cars in 2019? What happens if some remain unsold when/if a facelifted ZB is released?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
How would you advertise 2017 build cars in 2019?

It's an interesting one isn't it? I don't recall too many other similar instances where dealers have held onto aging stock like this. Obviously still trying to entice those people who want the last of the last but maybe weren't in a position to buy in 2017/18. However, if they choose to advertise as NEW, the price still needs to reflect the fact that the cars have a two year old build plate. It's that simple. If they were going to get RRP for them, it would have happened a LONG time ago

What happens if some remain unsold when/if a facelifted ZB is released?

Personally, given the lacklustre sales of ZB, I very much doubt we will see another car adorned with the Commodore nameplate after it's time is up. However, to (hypothetically) answer your question - they would have to be HEAVILY discounted and/or hit the demo/used lot, again at an appropriate price point

The local motoring landscape is all about small cars, SUV's (of any sort it seems) and dual cab utes. The four door family sedan/wagon is a relic of a bygone era. Sad (and frustrating), but true.

Last edited: