Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Interesting about that statement regarding instructions from GM (GMH) that all unsold VF are to be registered and classified as a demo, as that is not really accurate based on visits to a number of dealers as well as other sources. But I am not going into discuss a conversation with a service manager!
However, that does not alter the fact that I am interested in new vehicles that have NOT been registered to a new buyer. Not a Holden or any other dealer for that matter but a private individual.
But if we are going to start splitting hairs, then I may as well withdraw from continuing to provide (what I thought) would have been useful information on the remaining stock of Holden Commodore VF MY17 vehicles throughout the country as certainly it appears I am most likely wasting my time. As for vc commodore, it is all very well to drive past many dealers and pass comments but it would not hurt popping in and having a chat with them and sharing any information provided with the wider Commodore community. Incidentally, I have not only used their website but other sources as well, but as I stated earlier, I am wasting my time.
Don't read isolated comments as indicative of majority views. This thread is one of the most interesting on the forum at present and I certainly appreciate your input.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
Get the egos out of here if it doesnt pertain to the commodore subject matter dont comment on it.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You might be interested that I took my new SS for its 1500 km service yesterday and said "please change the oil as it's been sitting in the yard for 12 months". That's OK she said we change the oil and filter for the 15000 km service - no I said it's the 1500 km service - no she said the first Capped Price Servicing is at 15000 km OR 9 months.
Interesting semantics problem there … if I recall, the 1500km service should have been free? But I don't think there was any sort of time frame for the 1500km service!

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
However, that does not alter the fact that I am interested in new vehicles that have NOT been registered to a new buyer. Not a Holden or any other dealer for that matter but a private individual.
But if we are going to start splitting hairs, then I may as well withdraw from continuing to provide (what I thought) would have been useful information on the remaining stock of Holden Commodore VF MY17 vehicles throughout the country as certainly it appears I am most likely wasting my time. As for vc commodore, it is all very well to drive past many dealers and pass comments but it would not hurt popping in and having a chat with them and sharing any information provided with the wider Commodore community. Incidentally, I have not only used their website but other sources as well, but as I stated earlier, I am wasting my time.
You can't trust what ads or dealer sites say, with respect to "new" versus "demo". They screw it up all the time, whether on purpose or by mistake.

I also think the difference is a little irrelevant in a lot of ways … the only real difference between a used or demo car with 25km on the clock and a new never-registered car with 53km on the clock is the length of remaining warranty. Which I know is a real difference, but you'd be negotiating pretty hard for getting it upped on that demo car, especially when we know others in here have been getting 7yr warranties on recently-purchased new (demo?) VF2's.

But - there's still a technical difference between a car that's been registered & one that hasn't. I don't think the sources for finding out how many truly new cars are still available are publicly available, though.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
You might be interested that I took my new SS for its 1500 km service yesterday and said "please change the oil as it's been sitting in the yard for 12 months". That's OK she said we change the oil and filter for the 15000 km service - no I said it's the 1500 km service - no she said the first Capped Price Servicing is at 15000 km OR 9 months. No problem really; happy for them to do it - only cost $50 more than the oil & filter + labour. The service manager told me all unsold VF needed to be registered and recorded as demos when the new Commodore arrived. Instructions from GM. Of course I now have only the balance (6 years) of the 7 year warranty.

balance of warranty is a bit average, really holden continue to drop the ball

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Interesting about that statement regarding instructions from GM (GMH) that all unsold VF are to be registered and classified as a demo, as that is not really accurate based on visits to a number of dealers as well as other sources. But I am not going into discuss a conversation with a service manager!

keep it up, any new vf utes left???

I know the sa police stockpiled vf evokes but no new ones for almost a year

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
When a car is sold as a demonstrator, and is a 2 year old, superseded model, wouldn't it be expected to sell at a healthy discount?

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
When a car is sold as a demonstrator, and is a 2 year old, superseded model

Therein lies the issue. They should be sold as used cars and priced accordingly. Irrespective of how low the kms are, it is pure fantasy to claim they are still demos. By definition, a 'demo' is a car you test drive with a view to buying a 'new' vehicle of the same make. Very difficult to do that now in the case of VF.

2yr old = used. End of story.