Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

tommy_z

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Director
This W.A dealer has this car listed as "Used"

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/de...edline-vf-series-ii-auto-my17/OAG-AD-14738958

2017 Holden Commodore SS V Redline VF Series II Auto Manufacturer Marketing Year (MY17)

Build date May 2017
9klms
Unreg
$64,9777 Drive away

At $64977 that would be the reason why these remain on the lots... I doubt some will ever get sold even by the end of 2020.

When I purchased my Director last year it was sold as used. First registered owner of the car was the dealer principal and had activated the 7 year warranty and capped price servicing, so I got the balance. However the first registration of the vehicle on the road was by me. It only had 14kms on it so it had never left the premises.

If you really wanted a V8 you would have already gotten one. Heck, remember those threads here where we were discussing in MY16 getting a fully optioned SSVR was around $56k brand new! These dealers have no hope selling SSVRs above the high $50s.

I don’t think there are many HSV F2s left out there at dealers as new / demo / as-new used.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I wonder how long dealers can afford to have these cars unsold. Aren't they financed by a floor plan, in which case the repayments and interest on more expensive models such as these must be pretty high, even at GMAC dealer rates. Imagine what it's cost to have had them sitting there this long now. Maybe that's why they are so stupidly priced--they're trying to recoup their finance costs plus the interest.

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Really? A registered 'demo' has been treated the same as an unregistered 'new' car? Remind me never to buy from those yards.
How many test drives do you think all these ‘demos’ with 15km on the clock have been taken on?

What difference in treatment do you think there has been between a demo with 25km on the clock & a new car with 25km on the clock? Let alone a new car with 70km on the clock?

Those cars they hang dealer plates off the back & use for test drives, they are ‘new’.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
How many test drives do you think all these ‘demos’ with 15km on the clock have been taken on?

What difference in treatment do you think there has been between a demo with 25km on the clock & a new car with 25km on the clock? Let alone a new car with 70km on the clock?

You're completely missing the point. A demo is already registered to the caryard, and it's buyer will be the second owner. A new car will be yours as the first owner from the word go. There is $$$ involved in that.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
I’m not missing any point. It’s all semantics. A car with 25km on the clock is a car with 25km on the clock, regardless of ‘new’ or ‘demo’ it’s been treated the same & the result for the person who actually buys & drives it is the same.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
& the result for the person who actually buys & drives it is the same.

No it's not Forg. One is buying a used car, and the other is buying a new car. You can't honestly suggest that you believe otherwise.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
No it's not Forg. One is buying a used car, and the other is buying a new car. You can't honestly suggest that you believe otherwise.
We must not be on the same page & talking about the same thing ... curse the internet & all the disagreements it causes! :)

Why do you see a difference; where’s the difference?
I should add that I’m talking in context of new car dealers. So there are two cars, at a car dealer, both with the same delivery km’s on them both built at the same time; one is a ‘demo’ & has been registered, the other is ‘new’ & has never been registered.
I mean apart from the balance of warranty, let’s assume you can negotiate an extended warranty for the ‘used’ car.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I've gotta agree with Forg.
If I was buying a car that was built in 2017 with 25km on it, I would consider it a 'new' car, and would be arguing the point about length of warranty and it having 12 months rego.
My Monaro was 6 months from build date, had 45 kms, 12 months rego, full warranty, and nearly $10K less than RRP+ORC. It was 'new' as far as I was concerned.

abuch47

Reaction score
Members Ride
LSS3 YOOTE
IF youve seen some car ads youll know some people like the whole never registered angle. but yeah 25km is 25km. I bought an ex demo with 150k km.