Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

when will last VF sell? place your bets

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
Heck dealers were even outright lying they’re all sold out of Directors last year before a flood of them came back on market yet many dealers weren’t reflecting such stock on their web sites.

:rolleyes:;)
One of the dealers has a Director. The listing stated "Only 4 left!". Do they mean Australia-wide, or that they have another 3 hiding behind the workshop?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
One of the dealers has a Director. The listing stated "Only 4 left!". Do they mean Australia-wide, or that they have another 3 hiding behind the workshop?
I’d think they’d mean within their dealership as they weren’t swapping these vehicles between other dealerships.

In any case I’m not in the market to buy, just relaying my experiances of looking for a director in May to June 2017 and then seeing them seemingly falling from the trees after November the same year.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
May be hard to know when the last car is sold ... cars can sit around, get old enough that the dealer just can’t have them sitting there, and just disappear into the importer’s vaults somewhere. I was quite keen on a new ‘93 TX3 Turbo in ‘96, but it actually sold the week before I spoke to the dealer; a mate was telling me in the early noughties about how Nissan still had an unsold R32 GTR in some warehouse of theirs in Melbourne.

I remember reading in wheel mag a year ago about a mazda rx8 getting sold and It was new and about 5yrs old, they give the sales data VFACTS.

wouldn't be many V8 VF2's left I thought, wrong 5 at one dealer inc motorsport

http://www.mcraeholden.com.au/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&model=Commodore&year=2017

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
All good points. I guess for for all intents and purposes, we can assume the last one is sold when we can't find any dealer demos on the interweb?

My local went from having a heap to none nearly overnight. I asked them about it and they indicated they wholesaled them as they were costing them more to leave them sitting there than they would have made if they sold them to consumers.

I'd suggest this will be the path most dealers will take moving forward, particularly given the age of the cars now and the fact that interest has clearly waned.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
My local went from having a heap to none nearly overnight. I asked them about it and they indicated they wholesaled them as they were costing them more to leave them sitting there than they would have made if they sold them to consumers.

I'd suggest this will be the path most dealers will take moving forward, particularly given the age of the cars now and the fact that interest has clearly waned.
So if they were wholesaled, where will they all pop up next? As low milage second hand cars at random yards?
Edit - I see my local (Col Crawford, Brookvale) has moved on all except for an Evoke and a R8.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Strange to think that despite all the wailing about the end of local production, there are still so many that no longer seem wanted. An Evoke still unsold? Unless the price is slashed, who would honestly want it?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
They made too many cars. Then the dealers charged too much and buyers went elsewhere so they stuffed up. Plus I think cars that were not allocated to dealers were allocated.

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Strange to think that despite all the wailing about the end of local production, there are still so many that no longer seem wanted. An Evoke still unsold? Unless the price is slashed, who would honestly want it?
They made to many redline sedans at the end and not enough Ute's, try finding a Vf Ute for sale. Ford was same would have thought they would have stocked up on utes as there's no competition

Last edited: