Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When will the last Holden sell

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS
Bets ? Opinions ?

Who in their right mind would now buy new Holden....
I am sure there will be bargains ahead ...

Maybe like 'Final Edition' or something

Last edited:

Derekthetree

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen-F R8 SV Manual
Just saw the last post in the other thread!
I'm going for a white Captiva in Ballerat, 28/09/22.

To be honest, you could get some mega deal on a new car (50%+ off list?), get some level of dealer support, but then use your pocketed cash to maintain it at your friendly local workshop...

Will be interesting to see what HSV does. I can't think of a company so close to a soon to be defunct manufacturer? I recently read an article about Litchfield in the UK. They setup as an importer of Grey WRXs, then tuner. But when Subaru gave up on performance models, they basically switched wholesale to GTRs.
Maybe HSV will be the linchpin of this "GMSV" "offering"

Big Red VF-SII Go-kart

I love puddles.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MY17 SV6 (LFX) Sportwagon (SOLD)
Some people having spent serious money are more likely to be spitting chips over their "investment" and dead road ahead, rather than salivating for a heavily reduced bargain or special final edition. I have at least 9 years of driving the VF ahead, and will make the most of it. By 2029, electric vehicles will have become much more common (most of the Euro marques are moving away from diesel and petrol now) , and hopefully nowhere near as pricey as they are presently.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
Bets ? Opinions ?

Who in their right mind would now buy new Holden....
I am sure there will be bargains ahead ...

Maybe like 'Final Edition' or something
Like the VF limited edition fiasco. All sold out.
Oh wait a minute, maybe we'll let you buy one.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Will be interesting to see what HSV does. I can't think of a company so close to a soon to be defunct manufacturer? I recently read an article about Litchfield in the UK. They setup as an importer of Grey WRXs, then tuner. But when Subaru gave up on performance models, they basically switched wholesale to GTRs.
Maybe HSV will be the linchpin of this "GMSV" "offering"
I suspect that could be the case ... HSV aren't really pushing much metal otherwise available as Holden are they? Colorado is about it? Yet a bunch of imports being converted to RHD seem to be done by HSV under other name(s), and with GM stopping RHD manufacture it makes sense.
Although I reckon they'll totally ditch the HSV branding.

mfrancis1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Calais-V V8
Very sad I think. How times have changed. I started watching Bathurst in 1980 when I was 11 years old. Followed the legend Peter Brock right through. The whole Ford and Holden battle; I used to go to Lakeside with my Dad as the local track in the 80's. Always wanted a VK Brockmobile, then an HSV after the split. Loved watching V8 Supercars - right up to when they essentially made them the same car with different shells. Then Brocky passed, then no more Aussie Commodores. Now no more Holden.

I personally love my VFII Calais, I think it is a great car, awesome value for money, and made by Australians, and designed by Australians. What does Australia "make" now ?

This is just my personal opinion, and I am possibly wrong. I am not stating this to generate pages of debate. But personally, I feel governments in this Country for the past 2 decades have let us down so much, and they have let go of industries like the car industry that means more than just the car in the showroom. It means Australia and Australians can design and build something that has excellence.

Hopefully, the brand is purchased by Australian, and the idea that something innovative, that Australians want to buy, that suits our conditions, that shows the world Australia can do something occurs.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
They setup as an importer of Grey WRXs, then tuner. But when Subaru gave up on performance model

Since when do Subaru no longer make WRX?

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
...Will be interesting to see what HSV does... Maybe HSV will be the linchpin of this "GMSV" "offering"
It has already been stated in the press “that GMSV, formally known as HSV, will do RHD conversions”...

The only “wondering” will be whether the process will be successful after adding $20k conversion cost to an overinflated import base price.