Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

When will the last Holden sell

BLACK-VE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SS, VE SS ute 360rwkws daily VE LPG
Worthless cars
Imagine the depreciation
Nobody would want it second hand

good for business buyers perhaps but why would you want a dying brand car when there are soooo many good options out there from brands that are very stable and certainly more reliable...

Mate bought a opel a week before they announced there closure he wasn't a happy camper

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
They may end up suffering the stigma the Mitsubishi Magna did.

Genuinely one of the most underrated and under appreciated Australian made cars ever.

ciggo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
It has already been stated in the press “that GMSV, formally known as HSV, will do RHD conversions”...

The only “wondering” will be whether the process will be successful after adding $20k conversion cost to an overinflated import base price.

If I recall correctly the media were speculating HSV will take on the new GM import brand (which is what they basically are now anyway). Nothing has been confirmed though.

White Swan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS
Genuinely one of the most underrated and under appreciated Australian made cars ever.

Yes we were having beer last night and talking about that exact same thing.

The Magna was a great car for its time and yet the public shunned it like it was diseased.

Makes me wonder if the Commodores currently on dealership lots will suffer the same fate.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
The Magna was a great car for its time and yet the public shunned it like it was diseased.
The Australian buying public has a long memory, when it's been burned.
I knew people, during Nissan's heyday of the early 90's, that wouldn't buy a Nissan because they'd owned something like a 120Y or 180B or 200B.

The Astron II Magnas all had disaster auto transmissions, and given that probably 90% of them sold were autos, that means plenty of people were burned on those.
Then with the SOHC V6 models were introduced, those were dog engines that ... I don't actually know what went wrong with them, whatever it was always lead to them burning oil in a great plume of blue smoke even when only a few years old.

By the time the TE was released after 10yrs of awful junk Magnas (both 4cyl & DOHC V6 were decent), a lot of people weren't game to go back for more punishment!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
I've seen figures of $2 to $10k discount in the media. Yeah nah.

The figures I saw today were between 10 and 17K.....So at least both our media sources are close....The actual discounts will be interesting to see in person :)

Clintix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SS Regal Peacock Sedan
The figures I saw today were between 10 and 17K.....So at least both our media sources are close....The actual discounts will be interesting to see in person :)

Yes car sales doesn't really show much sadly, but nothing that reflects the big discounts

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon