Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where abouts is your horn mounted? Vh sle

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
I have an air horn in my sle, and its really ugly to look at in the engine bay.. As i am gonna relocate my battery to the boot an piss off the ac compressor, the horns gotta go! Mines not even a good sounding one!

So i purchased a used factory vx commo horn to put in, but im not sure where to put it so its out of sight.. I dont like it when its behind the grill because you can still see them..

Where is the best place for it to go? Im not sure where it goes normally?

Cheers, kim

mr j-man

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E 355
stick it under the front of the wheel arch area. ie the flat section under the battery (or opposite side), but the underside of the car
good idea!

do the horn sounds differ between each model??.... Ive never really noticed or payed attention

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
good idea!

do the horn sounds differ between each model??.... Ive never really noticed or payed attention

there was a low tone (honk!) and high tone horn (beep!) and I believe SL/E or at least some SL/E models had both the low and high tone horn together
most models had the high tone horn though. The low/high tone combination is the pick of the bunch IMO

vkberlina

VK Madman
Reaction score
Website
www.members.westnet.com.au
Members Ride
VK EFI 5L, VK 134 Pack, LX8 Adventra, MF35 & MF50b
there should be enough room to mount them inside the back of the bumperbar, I mounted tripple air horns on a mates VH years ago behind his front bar.

I have twins behind the front my front bar & grille.

You can paint them black to hide them.

The big issue with air horns is lack of air flow, I run 2 compressors on my VK through a T junction driving both horns.

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
stick it under the front of the wheel arch area. ie the flat section under the battery (or opposite side), but the underside of the car

100% agree, that's what I did except I did it on both sides..

there was a low tone (honk!) and high tone horn (beep!) and I believe SL/E or at least some SL/E models had both the low and high tone horn together
most models had the high tone horn though. The low/high tone combination is the pick of the bunch IMO

Again spot on:)

Also for the OP I swapped to the twin Horns of a vy clubbie and never looked back:)

kimaz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore SLE
I did spot one of those twin horns on ebay last night,
But how did that work? As in, did it make a different sound depending on how hard u push the horn?

Thanks for the advice ppl, sounds like under the battery tray is the go!

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
I did spot one of those twin horns on ebay last night,
But how did that work? As in, did it make a different sound depending on how hard u push the horn?

Thanks for the advice ppl, sounds like under the battery tray is the go!

only one sound, they are wired together
it's just a low and high tone horn sounding at the same time.

dags061

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Vacationer 253, VH SL 185 pack 253
I have twin red air horns together with the compressor all bolted where the old horn is behind the grill and you cant see it except for them sticking a little bit out under the grill.I run both Air horn and stock horn. Air horn is on a separate switch.