Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Yes I've had a good play with that already mate. "Acceptable" is a very accurate description of the "Premium" Bose sound system. Its neither offensively poor nor impressively good. Anyone who's had a true premium sound system before will be underwhelmed. I can help wondering if its mainly bass depth I am missing and if fitting a decent subwoofer and amplifier to drive it would improve it quite a bit, what do you think ?

Good I had a 19 speaker 900 watt Harmon Kardon true premium sound system in my Chrysler SRT8, it needed it....they fitted this deeply impressive system so you could turn it right up and drown out all the body and trim rattles and squeaks lol

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
There is this big notch in the frequency response from the low mid range and I'm all but certain the active noise cancelling is causing it. The deep lows are definitely there, you can feel them.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Maybe I need to recalibrate my expectations. Chrysler SRT8 had mega bass...door and window rattling stuff.
System is probably fine as it is.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I quite like the sound of the exhaust, but I wish we could hear inside what they hear outside.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Easier to hear some noise in summer when you can get all the windows down (which for some strange reason lol) is not so much fun in N.Z. at the moment :) Mine needs a really good clean but I can't be bothered because it'll be dirty again with a day or two with all the filthy weather.
Continental sport contact 5's seem like a very good tyre, (not as good as your Micheline's) but somewhere close. Got a set of Michelin Primacy 4's for the Mrs car yesterday and she thinks they're really awesome.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I have not driven one myself yet...... happy with my 350kw+ VE Cammed SS. Can you cam a ZB ...... oh wait it's not a old school V8. It's an average six with average times, average average average. In fact the only thing not average about this ridiculous car is the PRICE. It's just complete BS.

Once again they should of just let the commodore die. This is not a commodore. There is no comparison in history to be made against a commodore, it's just some ridiculous import with a badge with a couple of styling and ride tweaks.

So ok. Lets all just bury the 'new commodore'...... it's a fact imo Holden will pull the entire lineup soon enough if they dont like wasting their time and money making and importing sh*t. I dont doubt the base model cars, RS, diesel etc....... are good. But the price for the VXR is ridiculous. If it had literately ONE OR TWO TURBO's it'd be worth that price......

And he's the punch line. The Holden Acadia. Better then this POS in every way...... 'just add brembo's'. It's even Fn cheaper with 4WD for the LT model!

So my message to Holden is....... that new Commodore can F off because 'we're full'!

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
I have not driven one myself yet...... happy with my 350kw+ VE Cammed SS. Can you cam a ZB ...... oh wait it's not a old school V8. It's an average six with average times, average average average. In fact the only thing not average about this ridiculous car is the PRICE. It's just complete BS.

Once again they should of just let the commodore die. This is not a commodore. There is no comparison in history to be made against a commodore, it's just some ridiculous import with a badge with a couple of styling and ride tweaks.

So ok. Lets all just bury the 'new commodore'...... it's a fact imo Holden will pull the entire lineup soon enough if they dont like wasting their time and money making and importing sh*t. I dont doubt the base model cars, RS, diesel etc....... are good. But the price for the VXR is ridiculous. If it had literately ONE OR TWO TURBO's it'd be worth that price......

And he's the punch line. The Holden Acadia. Better then this POS in every way...... 'just add brembo's'. It's even Fn cheaper with 4WD for the LT model!

So my message to Holden is....... that new Commodore can F off because 'we're full'!
Bloody oath

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I stopped reading your post at the I've not driven one yet part.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
All the ZB posts read like they are written by salesman that have recently joined to upsell these lemons on wheels.