Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
Plenty of former Holden workers carrying massive chips on their shoulders who feel its impossible than an imported car could possibly be better than one they helped make...and how dare they call it a Commodore lol

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Plenty of former Holden workers carrying massive chips on their shoulders who feel its impossible than an imported car could possibly be better than one they helped make...and how dare they call it a Commodore lol
Yep i’d be fairly pissed if i paid good money for garbage too

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
I think if a panel of international motoring writers awarded the ZB Commodore the world's most prestigious motoring award of "World Car of the Year" and you could buy a brand new one for just $999 it would still be overpriced garbage to you and some others.
Talk about an Ostrich with his head in the sand lol

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
For the last time, I totally get that people are angry about the demise of car manufacturing in Australia, or that Holden didn't gracefully retire the Commodore badge with the VF2. That is understood, but what's done is done and we all have to live with the consequences.

Does the ZB deserve to be vilified? In my opinion, no, it's quite a good car.

My message to the trolls is: I'll never regret buying my VXR, but I may regret becoming a first time Holden owner due to how toxic the community appears to be.

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
My message to the trolls is: I'll never regret buying my VXR, but I may regret becoming a first time Holden owner due to how toxic the community appears to be.
This is what you get when something that has loyal longtime rusted on fans feel like they've been **** on. An out pouring of emotion. And unfortunately, calling the ZB a commodore has given them something to focus the hate on.

I liken it to a football team being relocated to the otherside of the country but still retaing the name and wearing the same jersey. The existing fans would be shattered at losing their team and find it hard to accept and support their team now located somewhere else.

The VXR gets a hard time as it's the 'performance' model. So it gets compared to previous Holden performance models. It's pretty hard to reconcile a VXR as the replacement for a VF2 Redline. So I get the negativity. BUT, that doesnt make it a bad car. It's in an unfair position.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I may regret becoming a first time Holden owner due to how toxic the community appears to be.

A few people does not make a community.

On the whole, the JC community is generally very helpful to each other.

It is possible to "ignore" members. Click on their name and then click ignore and you won't see any of their posts.

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V

It is possible to "ignore" members. Click on their name and then click ignore and you won't see any of their posts.

Thank you, owners will now be able to enjoy the forum without the unnecessary hate.
Holden shut down Australian assembly operations quite some time ago, some people need to simply get over it.
I doubt a single hater has actually driven a ZB but they all seem to feel they're qualified to repeatedly hate on it.
Tuckerbag already on my ignore list and anyone else who posts unsubstantiated completely biased hate speech will immediately join him.
ALL cars have problems, even the last of the mighty "true" Commodores
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/motoring/...el-injector-dramas/ar-AADjruu?ocid=spartandhp

Last edited:

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
The VXR gets a hard time as it's the 'performance' model. So it gets compared to previous Holden performance models. It's pretty hard to reconcile a VXR as the replacement for a VF2 Redline. So I get the negativity. BUT, that doesnt make it a bad car. It's in an unfair position.

I've been a passenger in a mates VF2 SV6, and I'd say it's fair to say that the VXR is a replacement for that.

And I've said several times I think Holden laid the performance car spin on a bit too thick considering what had come before. As an owner I think I am qualified to state that the VXR is not a performance car, it's a grand tourer with a sport+ mode. But I like it for what it is, not what it is supposed to be.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300

Soft as butter you zb queens