Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where are the VXR owners?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Soft as butter you zb queens

lol.

I'm no ZB queen.

I don't like the look of them but I've never driven one. Most that have seem happy with them.

I'm just sharing helpful tips and tricks that I've learned over my time on JC.

What someone does with said tips is up to them.

Feel free to make use of this tip yourself should you feel the need.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN
I stopped reading your post at the I've not driven one yet part.
Thats OK. By the time you read the second S on my SS badge I'd be out of sight too.... *boom* _i'm out.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
... I won't write a post about all the good stuff, I'd be labelled a Holden stooge. :rolleyes:

Thanks for your objective comments. It was good to hear the good and bad.

I just had a conversation with a work colleague who rented a VXR while interstate for a few days - he had only positive things to say about the VXR. He owns a 2016 Series 3 BMW.

When you look past the bogans and V8 fans - it really is obvious that the ZB is a great value car. Unfortunately its just not a Commodore.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
I just had a conversation with a work colleague who rented a VXR while interstate for a few days

So I could put my money where my mouth is and drive one interstate. Where did he hire it from if you don't mind me asking? I might consider hiring one for my next trip across the ditch.

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Thanks for your objective comments. It was good to hear the good and bad.

I just had a conversation with a work colleague who rented a VXR while interstate for a few days - he had only positive things to say about the VXR. He owns a 2016 Series 3 BMW.

When you look past the bogans and V8 fans - it really is obvious that the ZB is a great value car. Unfortunately its just not a Commodore.
Bogans and V8 fans who supported Holden. Now they serve us up rusty garbage

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
So I could put my money where my mouth is and drive one interstate. Where did he hire it from if you don't mind me asking? I might consider hiring one for my next trip across the ditch.

He hired through https://www.maven.com/au/en/ - I understand that its a new care hire model run/owned by GM. I havent tried it personally but sounds interesting, and its relatively cheap.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
He hired through https://www.maven.com/au/en/ - I understand that its a new care hire model run/owned by GM. I havent tried it personally but sounds interesting, and its relatively cheap.
So that's where Holden is getting rid of their new cars to. Easier than trying to sell them.
And this could be where the low mileage cars are coming from, that end up listed on Carsales.

uz3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
So that's where Holden is getting rid of their new cars to. Easier than trying to sell them.
And this could be where the low mileage cars are coming from, that end up listed on Carsales.

It’s not unreasonable to think this is part of a GM marketing strategy. After all, my BMW-owning colleague went and told several people how impressed he was by the ZB after he used the service.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Yes tried this Maven biz today. It’s restricted to Melb or Adelaide.
It seems to explain why there are more second hand zb,s available in those states. Gm place them with Maven then they are flicked after 6 /12 months etc probably via a Holden dealer perhaps as a Onenowner..Holden...vehicle.
Have to wonder if this total process is profitable?