Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can I buy a new door lock actuator?

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
My beloved VE2 SV6 has been pretty much perfect for the past 8 years, but a few things have started to go bad. In particular, my radio doesn't turn off when I open the door which I've learnt is a door actuator problem (have to flick the latch while holding the door handle open sometimes dozens of times).

I've been putting up with it but it's getting on my nerves now. Gonna try fix it myself so just need the door actuator. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy place I can order a new one online?

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
Why not just buy from Holden?
If you are talking about the little black push in switch, take it out and give it a clean with contact cleaner.

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
My beloved VE2 SV6 has been pretty much perfect for the past 8 years, but a few things have started to go bad. In particular, my radio doesn't turn off when I open the door which I've learnt is a door actuator problem (have to flick the latch while holding the door handle open sometimes dozens of times).

I've been putting up with it but it's getting on my nerves now. Gonna try fix it myself so just need the door actuator. Can anyone tell me a trustworthy place I can order a new one online?
As a service proceedure a lubricant is applied. Every month l spray mine with LANOX about $12 at Bunnings. My door locks/actuators are now 18 years old.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Can't just turn the radio off ?
When you turn off the radio it will display the day and date on the screen even after you lock the car . The screen shuts down after about half an hour .

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
Why not just buy from Holden?
If you are talking about the little black push in switch, take it out and give it a clean with contact cleaner.

I don't have the regular little push button thingy. It's part of the door latch system. I'm gonna be trying to pull the whole thing out when I get a chance though.

I kind of just assumed Holden would charge more than if I could just find an online shop (I buy everything online these days!). I did send an inquiry to my local dealer a few days ago but never got a response.

As a service proceedure a lubricant is applied. Every month l spray mine with LANOX about $12 at Bunnings. My door locks/actuators are now 18 years old.

I've already been trying to spray contact cleaner into it. But as in my above message, it's a whole contraption thing and there's no easy way to get the contact cleaner inside very far. It has helped somewhat though, but it's getting worse.

Can't just turn the radio off ?

I've had to do that but the system still kind of stays 'on' and then shuts off eventually. I just don't like the idea and would prefer to fix it before I sell the car (considering selling later this year maybe).

gohrdrgomad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VxCaly57
I don't have the regular little push button thingy. It's part of the door latch system. I'm gonna be trying to pull the whole thing out when I get a chance though.

I kind of just assumed Holden would charge more than if I could just find an online shop (I buy everything online these days!). I did send an inquiry to my local dealer a few days ago but never got a response.

I've already been trying to spray contact cleaner into it. But as in my above message, it's a whole contraption thing and there's no easy way to get the contact cleaner inside very far. It has helped somewhat though, but it's getting worse.

I've had to do that but the system still kind of stays 'on' and then shuts off eventually. I just don't like the idea and would prefer to fix it before I sell the car (considering selling later this year maybe).
lt isnt a contact cleaner. It is to lubricate the actuator. If you are going to replace go genuine if the option is available.

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
lt isnt a contact cleaner. It is to lubricate the actuator. If you are going to replace go genuine if the option is available.

Sorry, yeah, I've tried some silicone lubricant as well. I'm trying to get a genuine one, just thought there might be online stores I could order one in easily from.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6