Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where can I get a Tech1 diagnostics test done?

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
I called Ultratune today asking how much they charge to hook my car up to their diagnostic computer to check everything out. They said $99. $99!?! No way! Does anyone know where in the Western Sydney area I can get this sort of thing done cheaper? The DIY diagnostic shows everything is fine but I don't alway trust that. Let me know.

By the way it's a S1 VS with 374,000k's uses a bit of oil but other than that it's still running great.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
take it to a holden dealer with a service department should cost about 25 bucks max had mine done last year cost me nothing from dealership

V

VSAccCom

or find any auto electrician they got the tools too, luckily i got my tech 1 done 4 free, this was done at a place in north rocks :p

auc05l

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina V6
I paid $49.50 last month at a Holden Dealership.

Scooter79

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Calais supercharged
Did the diagnostic test show up any problems?

Cheap6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
Apart from any codes that have set but are no longer current, any diagnostic check using Tech1 isn't going to reveal much that can't be found with a paper clip, a multimeter and time. If there are no codes present using the paperclip method, I wouldn't bother. It is useful where a fault is present as it allows some data logging of the engine sensor voltages and multiple (all) voltages to be measured concurrently.

V

VSAccCom

Well not always true, a guy in here did the paperclip method and turned out a code 12 but then he had a tech1 done and found a few probs :S so rather spend the money and make sure all the electrical systems in ur car are running well

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
VSAccCom said:
Well not always true, a guy in here did the paperclip method and turned out a code 12 but then he had a tech1 done and found a few probs :S so rather spend the money and make sure all the electrical systems in ur car are running well

yea in some cases people (machenics) say that it found things rong with it so they get some extra bux.. be carefull