Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do I get and Indicator exemption?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Just thinking I want an indicator exemption that other peoples have..

On the road trip from Adelaide to Berri last weekend no less than 9 people failed to use and form of indication as to what they were about to do.

That included round abouts, swapping lanes and turning off.

DONT you see that other people are driving on the roads TOO!!!

My P plate kid driver had to put up with my passenger road rage as the count when past 4 bad drivers. After the forth I lost it reached across and belted the horn at this LTD that failed to indicate a right turn at a round about then cut 2 lans to the servo. He looked at me at whats wrong....

I feel better now.

stylin_vr2

Reaction score
Members Ride
BF fairmont (when im allowed)
i dunno where u can get an exemption :p
but ive found scaring the living daylights outta them can help.. just get like right up their ass so they realise how freakin dangerous it can be! (just dont hit them!!!!)

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
dude its sa everybody thinks they have an exemption for indicating just get a piece of paper write your name and address and write exempt from indacating and all other road rules, then if a cop pulls you over just say " don't worry officer ive got a license! "

either that or have your middle finger permantly pointing towards the sky!

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
dude its sa everybody thinks they have an exemption for indicating just get a piece of paper write your name and address and write exempt from indacating and all other road rules, then if a cop pulls you over just say " don't worry officer ive got a license! "

either that or have your middle finger permantly pointing towards the sky!

Isn't that a taxi licence though !! :D :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The thing was a trip for my kid to plan a trip away - check the car over oil, water & give the car a once over - even check the lights & indicators...

This we did - but boy what a trip. I was looking to add to the training for a P Plater to advance to a top driver being able to go away on country trips and be some what safe for all road uses. Too bad about the other rabbits....

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nar I'll stick the VN.. Better to Dodger the mainiacs with

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
I think worse than people who dont indicate are the people who indicate then immediately assume that because they have their indicator on they have a right to push into your lane.

Perfect Example:

Sunday Night coming down Mountain Highway, P-Plater in a white 80's Barina was in the right lane, i was in the left. She obviously needed to turn onto Dorset Road because she sped up the tiniest amount, put the indicator on and then came charging over into my lane.

There would of been about 5cm between our bumpers, even though the road was completely clear behind me she just couldnt put the brakes on and fall in behind, on came the indicator and she zoomed over.

Taxi's are the worst for this though, as soon as the indicator comes on, they start coming over. FFS, the indicator is there to alert other drivers that you intend to change lanes not to tell them to slow down so you can barge in:ranting:

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
I agree with DARKVL, its the same as here in Bunbury, no matter how fast you are going and how clear the road is behind you every other driver on the road has some urgent need to be in front of you. And roundabouts....don't even get me started on roundabouts...

calais_304

Reaction score
Members Ride
98' VT Calais s1 - 195i
I think worse than people who dont indicate are the people who indicate then immediately assume that because they have their indicator on they have a right to push into your lane.

Perfect Example:

Sunday Night coming down Mountain Highway, P-Plater in a white 80's Barina was in the right lane, i was in the left. She obviously needed to turn onto Dorset Road because she sped up the tiniest amount, put the indicator on and then came charging over into my lane.

There would of been about 5cm between our bumpers, even though the road was completely clear behind me she just couldnt put the brakes on and fall in behind, on came the indicator and she zoomed over.

Taxi's are the worst for this though, as soon as the indicator comes on, they start coming over. FFS, the indicator is there to alert other drivers that you intend to change lanes not to tell them to slow down so you can barge in:ranting:

well you learn to drive like that in brisbane, because no bastard wants to have a heart and just let you in, soon as they see your indicator go on they bloody speed up and try not to let you in, i had to put up with this for a good year and a bit going from the northside to the southside everyday for work...gave me some bloody good reaction skills though:D
btw theres nothing worse then someone trying to get into your lane, you let them, then they take their sweet ass time to merge then slow down to about 10km under the limit (main reason why i'll only let select cars in front of me)

easy solution to stop those not indicating, follow them, then smash their indicators, if they don't use them then they don't need them.:)