Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do I get and Indicator exemption?

evil_monkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden
busses and trucks are the worst here in perth they think they own the road, many a time ive had to slam the brakes on beacuse a bus decided its his turn to pull out regaurdless of heavy/fast flowing traffic or a truck has decided well i need to make a turn so ill go on the wrong side of the road to make it easier everyone else can wait

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
haha i live in griffith...the other day a landcruiser ute was following me as i went into a 50 zone, so he sat right up my ass then over took me when i was doing 50 only to turn off 100metres up the road...i wanted a cop so bad right then...and they say us p-platers are impatient and speed and stuff...farmers...

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
busses and trucks are the worst here in perth they think they own the road, many a time ive had to slam the brakes on beacuse a bus decided its his turn to pull out regaurdless of heavy/fast flowing traffic or a truck has decided well i need to make a turn so ill go on the wrong side of the road to make it easier everyone else can wait

The old might is right..... I'm bigger that you so get outa my way.

They win every time in my book.... Dont want to scratch the duco.:D

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I think worse than people who dont indicate are the people who indicate then immediately assume that because they have their indicator on they have a right to push into your lane.

Perfect Example:

Sunday Night coming down Mountain Highway, P-Plater in a white 80's Barina was in the right lane, i was in the left. She obviously needed to turn onto Dorset Road because she sped up the tiniest amount, put the indicator on and then came charging over into my lane.

There would of been about 5cm between our bumpers, even though the road was completely clear behind me she just couldnt put the brakes on and fall in behind, on came the indicator and she zoomed over.

Taxi's are the worst for this though, as soon as the indicator comes on, they start coming over. FFS, the indicator is there to alert other drivers that you intend to change lanes not to tell them to slow down so you can barge in:ranting:

Didn't even know taxi's had indicators, i thought it was an optional extra !! :D

Seriously though was the girl in the Barina a little on the large side as I've been cut off by a larger girl in a white Barina around the Boronia / Bayswater area recently as well ?...

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
So many people jump right in front me. I don't why, I think my car is one big magnet!!!
I just tailgate to scare the sh!t out of them.

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
indicators?
after being in adelaide over christmas I didnt think that indicating was a requirement, but crawling at 20kmh below the limit in the right lane obviously is and cars towing caravans crawling side by side in each lane of south road is too. lack of indicator use might change if the government could install a camera system designed to detect and fine people who dont indicate.

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
indicators?
after being in adelaide over christmas I didnt think that indicating was a requirement, but crawling at 20kmh below the limit in the right lane obviously is and cars towing caravans crawling side by side in each lane of south road is too. lack of indicator use might change if the government could install a camera system designed to detect and fine people who dont indicate.

gps's linked to all ECU's etc to detect normal stuff, revs ( are they flooring it ) max speed on trip indicator detection on lane changes

that'd be true revenue raising.

but yeah same as one flash bangs.

one flash and bang theyre in a different lane. annoying!

pumba

OMR346
Reaction score
Website
www.mh-performance.com
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
well you learn to drive like that in brisbane, because no bastard wants to have a heart and just let you in, soon as they see your indicator go on they bloody speed up and try not to let you in, i had to put up with this for a good year and a bit going from the northside to the southside everyday for work...gave me some bloody good reaction skills though:D
btw theres nothing worse then someone trying to get into your lane, you let them, then they take their sweet ass time to merge then slow down to about 10km under the limit (main reason why i'll only let select cars in front of me)

easy solution to stop those not indicating, follow them, then smash their indicators, if they don't use them then they don't need them.:)

u think brisbane is bad? geez man it aint that bad aye lol. ive lived here all my life and i always thought there were alot of tossers on the road. then i went to sydney for 3 days and i realised that brisbane drivers arnt so bad haha

but yea, i will agree with ya mate. there alot of tools that speed up to get in front then go slow when they do. and the tossers that dotn let u merge when ya wanna. thats y u shold always have a couple of empty botles on the floor. u simply pick it up, throw it at them, then give them anice wave then tell them to f**k off lol. it works while in the city anyway lol

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
(main reason why i'll only let select cars in front of me)

Haha I do that, if it's not a big aussie car, it ain't getting infront of me! Just the look of Hyundai's etc pisses me off!

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Trucks drag racing down South Road - what a joy. All those gears 1,2,3,4,5, 6,7,8,9,10 - Red light and stop. Then 1,2,3,4,5......^&(*)^$T*%^*&%*)&%^*&^*&^****@@@&^%$.

Hate trucks on South Road.