Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do i mount my Cross over box?! VT!. HELP!

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Hey everyone i just bought some Alpine Splits, Type R's.
I just need some help on where to install them in my car!

Now im putting the tweeter in the stock position, is that where everyone else has theres? Tell me if they are ok there.

And i am using the stock speaker mounts i am just cutting off the back so the woofers fit in.

Now i just have no idea where to mount the X-Overs, (Crossovers, the little box thing!)

Where do you guys mount yours for the driver and passenger front doors?!

Thanks alot guys in advance!

I already have a speaker cable from the door to the boot to my amp, just need to find out where to mount those bloody crossovers!
Also whats the easiest way to route the wire from the tweeter to the Cross Over?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
Hey everyone i just bought some Alpine Splits, Type R's.
I just need some help on where to install them in my car!

Now im putting the tweeter in the stock position, is that where everyone else has theres? Tell me if they are ok there.

And i am using the stock speaker mounts i am just cutting off the back so the woofers fit in.

Now i just have no idea where to mount the X-Overs, (Crossovers, the little box thing!)

Where do you guys mount yours for the driver and passenger front doors?!

Thanks alot guys in advance!

I already have a speaker cable from the door to the boot to my amp, just need to find out where to mount those bloody crossovers!
Also whats the easiest way to route the wire from the tweeter to the Cross Over?

mount the tweeters in the pillars although u can get defected for thiss umm have it pointing towards your ears , as for cross overs ive seen people make features out of them on their doors with perspex and shiz? id be guessing you could mount them in the bottom of the doors aslong as they didnt get wet? maybe?

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
mount the tweeters in the pillars although u can get defected for thiss umm have it pointing towards your ears , as for cross overs ive seen people make features out of them on their doors with perspex and shiz? id be guessing you could mount them in the bottom of the doors aslong as they didnt get wet? maybe?

What do you mean by pillars? As in the factory location? The top right and left vents near the windscreen?

Does anyone know any other simple ways to mount or place the cross overs?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
What do you mean by pillars? As in the factory location? The top right and left vents near the windscreen?

Does anyone know any other simple ways to mount or place the cross overs?

nah i ment the bit where umm the winshield to the right off it that bith of plastic stripping that connects to the roof you can buy pods to fit it =D i recon it looks sick but i think they class it as a safety defect if you dont put them in securley

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i know mines a VN, but i hid mine behind the dash. one is screwed into the plastic behind the glovebox. if you open the glovebox you can see the screws holding it in. the other is mounted up above the bonnet cable. im not sure if you can do similar on a VT

Stretchomatic

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
86 VL Berlina M5
dude put them in the stock spot, that way they reflect off the windscreen. putting them up high looks cool but stuffs your sound stage up, its like putting the singer behind the crowd and the band in front, just throws it out. for the quickest and easiest place to put the cross over, slip your hand up beside the accelerator on the kick panel and at the top is a opening where other wiring is hidden just slip it in there with some excess wiring to stop it rattling, same for passenger side. mine sit perfect just there, other wise double sided tape them in there. i went for the hidden stocky look, if it wasnt for the tweeters mounted in my rear doors you wouldnt see anything.

give it a shot

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
dude put them in the stock spot, that way they reflect off the windscreen. putting them up high looks cool but stuffs your sound stage up, its like putting the singer behind the crowd and the band in front, just throws it out. for the quickest and easiest place to put the cross over, slip your hand up beside the accelerator on the kick panel and at the top is a opening where other wiring is hidden just slip it in there with some excess wiring to stop it rattling, same for passenger side. mine sit perfect just there, other wise double sided tape them in there. i went for the hidden stocky look, if it wasnt for the tweeters mounted in my rear doors you wouldnt see anything.

give it a shot

year the pillar mounts do look realy nice tho :bow:
but yeah your proberbly right when i herd my mates with the pillar mount i didnt notice anything wrong? but maybe i dont have the ear lol is mtx an anygood brand i want cheap splits for my vs like the 160 mark or is it not worth it?

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

give it a shot

Thanks mate!
that is really helpful, i am pulling off the plastics so i can have a good look at my kick pannel and check out where i can mount it!
Hopefully it will turn out ok.
Keep the ideas coming though, thats a great one about the kick panels but!

Phreddy

Bye SV6 - still love you
Reaction score
Website
www.asr-audio.com.au
Members Ride
VS-II Statey-8
+1 for the kick panels - it keeps them out of the way, and unless you're going for pose value you never need to get to them again. That's where mine are! ;)

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
+1 for the kick panels - it keeps them out of the way, and unless you're going for pose value you never need to get to them again. That's where mine are! ;)

what exactly is the kick panels :D