Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do I stand?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Jesus!!! Is the car in your name on the rego papers?

Hahahahahaha. I'm sure he could help register the car.

+1 though, if the car is in your name already as in right now then stamp duty (transfer fees) are already paid.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Jesus!!! Is the car in your name on the rego papers?
lol sorry mate, didnt mean to frustrate ya. The rego papers that came with the car when i got it are in the name of the dealer still. Havent received new rego papers with my name or any sort of receipt/paperwork to indicate the car is in my name.
Sorry to frustrate you.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
lol sorry mate, didnt mean to frustrate ya. The rego papers that came with the car when i got it are in the name of the dealer still. Havent received new rego papers with my name or any sort of receipt/paperwork to indicate the car is in my name.
Sorry to frustrate you.

Hahh don't stress. He does that. ;)

If the car is still in the dealers name then you may have to pay the stamp duty when you go to the RTA to transfer it. Don't you have to do it in person? Would be worth giving the dealer a call and just asking.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If that's the case then you need to go to the RTA within 14 days and transfer it into your name. At that time you will have to pay Stamp Duty.

It's only frustrating because this is all so straight forward. You're looking at loan papers trying to work out it stamp duty was paid? WTF? Your loan has nothing to do with ownership or stamp duty. If they ####ed you over with the amount then you need to follow that up.

But right now, you're driving around in someone else's (according to the RTA) car.

Sounds like you went to a dodgy dealer.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
If that's the case then you need to go to the RTA within 14 days and transfer it into your name. At that time you will have to pay Stamp Duty.

It's only frustrating because this is all so straight forward. You're looking at loan papers trying to work out it stamp duty was paid? WTF? Your loan has nothing to do with ownership or stamp duty. If they ####ed you over with the amount then you need to follow that up.

But right now, you're driving around in someone else's (according to the RTA) car.

Sounds like you went to a dodgy dealer.
Well got it all sorted. The dealer included it in the purchase price of the vehicle and they are sorting it out as i write this.
Thanks for all the opinions

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Moral of the story? Make a simple phone call...