Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do I stand?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Hey guys,
traded my car in and took out finance on a 2003 sv8 series 2. My problem is the dealer asked me if i wanted the finance company to pay for stamp duty, i said yes. Anyway reviewing my loan contract etc and where the stamp duty amount should be it is just blank, where as it should read $497.70 or whatever the 3% is equal to.
Anyway im just after some advice on where i stand, do i ring up the dealer and give them a serve or what should i do? I realise it is only $497 however i feel that the dealer has fcuked up and should rectify it. What do you all think?
(yes i have a mate who was there when i was offered for the finance company to pay for the stamp duty).

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Was the stamp duty included in the loan amount?

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Was the stamp duty included in the loan amount?

I thought it was, however was reveiwing the loan contract and it appears it isnt. I did say yes then asked 3 or 4 times for stamp duty to be covered by finance.
Loan was signed up Wednesday 13th jan. Was just overlooking the paperwork and noticed.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
i ring up the dealer and give them a serve or what should i do?

Put the boot on the other foot for a minute. Some irrational guy rings you and gives you a serve for a mistake you made. Because of the way he is speaking to you, you think to yourself "irrational idiot, he can get stuffed" and tell him bad luck.

Then there is another scenario. Where you ring up and asked politely if the missing stamp duty is an oversight. Chances are the guy will tell you it is and happily rectify it to keep his customer happy. No one loses their cool and raises blood pressure.

Always start out by being very reasonable and polite, gets you lots further as a rule in life as people are far more obliging to help someone who is speaking to them in a civil manner than someone going off the deep end from the start.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Um, the first question here is has the stamp duty been paid? If the car is registered in your name, then it most likely has and the loan amount simply includes the stamp duty but doesn't itemise it.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
am going to call the dealer about this today, it seems that the section where stamp duty would be on the loan contract is blank. I just hope its not a case of well we have your money so p-ss off kinda thing. Where do i stand legally? Any ideas?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Did you even read my post? Is the car in your name? Do you have the registration papers? If so, stamp duty has been paid.

undersuspicion

Now That's How We Roll!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy SV8 Series 2
Did you even read my post? Is the car in your name? Do you have the registration papers? If so, stamp duty has been paid.
i got the original rego papers when i got the car, got the pink slip to send to Department of Transport... Sent that to them however havent heard anything since to say the car is in my name or what not.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Jesus!!! Is the car in your name on the rego papers?