Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do you buy your wiring from?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
So, looking at doing a few amp installs in both my cars soon. But bugger me I'm not keen on paying $150+ for a wiring kit.

Where do you go to get your kits/ individual wires from?

I'm thinking jaycar... Is there any truth to all this oxygen free super mega twisted interwoven cable?

Cheers

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Also consider jaycar for stuff too, they are usually cheaper

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Check out your local welding supplier. In nz boc gas and gear have 35mm cable (2 gauge) for about jaycars. 8 gauge price

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Welding cable is awful to work with, it's very stiff and hard to run through you car.

The wire from KnuKonceptz is awesome, I have bought some gear from them before and am about to order some 50' rolls. Really high quality, flexible cable. If you have a fairly basic install, their 4awg kit should be fine. Their RCA's are great quality, even the entry level items. What amplifiers are you running? This will help determine how big you will need to go.

EDIT: I should say, welders flex is great for current, but it's bad to work with. My 'big 3' upgrade is done in welders flex, because I didn't have to bend the cable much. Trying to get it through a beauty board and into an amplifier is crap.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
And lets face it, you wont be able to buy the necessary length of welder flex, the ring terminals, the fuse block, and all the other stuff for under $100 anyway.